Dinner tonight Thurs. Aug. 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sephora said:
I should not look at this thread on a daily basis. Now I'm craving Fritos and chili. Could be good since Steelers football is on tonight. Is it wrong to have chili cheese dip for dinner?

Ok....I'll bite..........whats up with your cat????? Is it laying in water or is that kitty litter?

Kinda tired this evening,
So another vote for the cheese burger and fries meal.
At least I have some horseradish cheese and garden ripe tomatoes to perk the burgers up a bit. Not quite sure how to jazz the fries up a bit though.
Any suggestions?

MarionW said:
Marinaded & Grilled Venison
Lots of Merlot................

Marion

Would you mind sharing your marinade recipe and grilling method, Marion? We have a LOT of lovely venison in the freezer, and it's almost hunting season again.

We are also having venison tonight. I got a bag of Italian Venison out of the freezer.

Last edited:
Constance

Most absolute dear, I will share.

I made no specific measure of ingredients. But, I do feel confident, if one were to follow these approximate scales, satisfaction would be obtained. And please do understand, our meal preparation, at times, is merely "off-da-cuff" and very relaxed. This specific recipe was a mere conglomoration from the cabinets.

One venison roast, sliced to 1/2" thick steaks.

Marinade:

1/2 c Olive Oil
1/2 c Cider Vinegar
Good measure of worcestrshire sauce
Touch of Taragon
3 tblsp mollasses
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
Good splashing of dried basil
Fair "squirt" of ketchup
Small hill, in palm of hand, of sea-salt
Several good cranks of black pepper

Wisk well, pouring over steaks. Allow to marinade several hours. Pour off marinade and boil the marinade for a bit. Grill steaks on hot coals, basting with marinade. Careful not to over-cook. Med-rare, at most. Place steaks in remaining marinade until all other preparation is made. Serve. Enjoy with a robust red.

Sorry for being so "off-da-cuff", but a significant portion of our "during-da-week" meals are prepared this way.

Marion

Last edited:
ooooooooh yum, Marion!!!

Sephora - that's the location I shopped at most - we've had D-land passes for years. I've finally let them expire, but fortunately there is another one that recently opened nearby.

And, I am now craving fritos too. Lots and lots.

lulu said:
What's in'n'out Jkath?

Last night in this apartment, so I have been winding down the fridge. I am left with garlic, onion, tomatos, mince and the inevitable pasta. I had meant to get a bolognese sause on last night but was out instead, and out this morning, so I have decided to do something I have never done before: pasta with meatballs and a fresh tomato sauce.

We are in a hotel for the next few days, so looking forward to some good restaurant meals!

It's going to be a rainy day here in our Nation's capitol, so I'm making an easy tomato sauce I do a lot with a twist:
1 can tomatoes (whole preferably)
1 onion
3 cloves of garlic (I like garlic)
2 tablespoons EEOL
1 tbs oregano
1 1/2 tbs black pepper
Seasoned or regular salt to taste

Tonight I added black olives. Yum.

Leftover Chinese order in.

You've never heard of Frito Pie? I shocked, shocked I say:LOL: . Well, I was until I noticed you are from the UK.

I've never "eaten" lamb either. I had a small bite once, same with duck, and salmon.

SizzlininIN said:
Ok....I'll bite..........whats up with your cat????? Is it laying in water or is that kitty litter?
LMAO ~ he stuck his head in the box that the kitty litter comes in and got stuck. I heard this loud thumping from the room he was in and found him with the container on his head. I whiped out my trusty utility knife and cut the bottom off. He looked so "what the heck did I do" I just had to take a picture. It took about 20 minutes, my toe nail clippers, my wire cutters, and the utility knife to get the container off his head but he was unharmed. I use the picture because in the end, it really was hysterical when it happened. If I had a video camera I could have sent it in to a funniest video show. He's my curious Charlie always getting into trouble. But I love him.

Alix, did you happen to catch Tyler Florence today? He made pierogies and glumpky (sp?). You must've been on the same wave length.

Sephora, now that is a great story! Poor silly kitty!

jkath said:
ooooooooh yum, Marion!!!

Sephora - that's the location I shopped at most - we've had D-land passes for years. I've finally let them expire, but fortunately there is another one that recently opened nearby.

And, I am now craving fritos too. Lots and lots.
My dad worked security there for 15 years until he retired and moved to PA. I've spent many, many hours at that location. It's still the best I've ever visited. Oh, and I ended up with the Fritos cheese dip. Why not, you only live once.

jkath said:
Alix, did you happen to catch Tyler Florence today? He made pierogies and glumpky (sp?). You must've been on the same wave length.

Get out! Weird coincidence. Nope, I was just in a Ukrainian-y food type mood.

Oh Barb L, no lamb for 60 years. You poor thing. Love lamb, roasted, casserole, crumbed, frenched, stuffed, butterflied, lamb lamb lamb. Lamb filets. Lovely rare lamb, think that is what we will have tonight.

southerncooker said:
I live in the foothills, actually almost in the mountains between Boone and Winston Salem.
Wow you aren't that far from me at all. I'm in Mooresville, just past Statesville down 77.

Sephora said:
LMAO ~ he stuck his head in the box that the kitty litter comes in and got stuck. I heard this loud thumping from the room he was in and found him with the container on his head. I whiped out my trusty utility knife and cut the bottom off. He looked so "what the heck did I do" I just had to take a picture. It took about 20 minutes, my toe nail clippers, my wire cutters, and the utility knife to get the container off his head but he was unharmed. I use the picture because in the end, it really was hysterical when it happened. If I had a video camera I could have sent it in to a funniest video show. He's my curious Charlie always getting into trouble. But I love him.

:LOL: ....too funny!

Well, husband had to hit the sack early last night in order to get up at 3:30 a.m. this morning to go play in his weekly pre-work ice hockey game, so I sauteed up a pound of extra-large shrimp & stirred them into a saucepan of Knorr's Newburg sauce mix (which I liberally laced with dry sherry :)) & served them up on a bed of white rice, along with the ever-present mixed green salad.

Friday !!! Sept. 1

Friday is Pizza night ! :clap: Never like to cook on Friday-dunno y-:ROFLMAO:! Had my hash brown omelet w/pepper jack cheese, and side of bacon last night --mmm mmm good. :-p Have a nice evening all ! Barb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom