"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-31-2006, 08:50 PM   #51
Hospitality Queen

Alix, did you happen to catch Tyler Florence today? He made pierogies and glumpky (sp?). You must've been on the same wave length.

Sephora, now that is a great story! Poor silly kitty!

Old 08-31-2006, 08:54 PM   #52
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath
ooooooooh yum, Marion!!!

Sephora - that's the location I shopped at most - we've had D-land passes for years. I've finally let them expire, but fortunately there is another one that recently opened nearby.

And, I am now craving fritos too. Lots and lots.
My dad worked security there for 15 years until he retired and moved to PA. I've spent many, many hours at that location. It's still the best I've ever visited. Oh, and I ended up with the Fritos cheese dip. Why not, you only live once.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:04 PM   #53
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath
Alix, did you happen to catch Tyler Florence today? He made pierogies and glumpky (sp?). You must've been on the same wave length.
Get out! Weird coincidence. Nope, I was just in a Ukrainian-y food type mood.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:04 PM   #54
Senior Cook

Oh Barb L, no lamb for 60 years. You poor thing. Love lamb, roasted, casserole, crumbed, frenched, stuffed, butterflied, lamb lamb lamb. Lamb filets. Lovely rare lamb, think that is what we will have tonight.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:11 PM   #55
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncooker
I live in the foothills, actually almost in the mountains between Boone and Winston Salem.
Wow you aren't that far from me at all. I'm in Mooresville, just past Statesville down 77.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:21 AM   #56
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora
LMAO ~ he stuck his head in the box that the kitty litter comes in and got stuck. I heard this loud thumping from the room he was in and found him with the container on his head. I whiped out my trusty utility knife and cut the bottom off. He looked so "what the heck did I do" I just had to take a picture. It took about 20 minutes, my toe nail clippers, my wire cutters, and the utility knife to get the container off his head but he was unharmed. I use the picture because in the end, it really was hysterical when it happened. If I had a video camera I could have sent it in to a funniest video show. He's my curious Charlie always getting into trouble. But I love him.
....too funny!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #57
Master Chef

Well, husband had to hit the sack early last night in order to get up at 3:30 a.m. this morning to go play in his weekly pre-work ice hockey game, so I sauteed up a pound of extra-large shrimp & stirred them into a saucepan of Knorr's Newburg sauce mix (which I liberally laced with dry sherry :)) & served them up on a bed of white rice, along with the ever-present mixed green salad.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:20 AM   #58
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink Friday !!! Sept. 1

Friday is Pizza night ! Never like to cook on Friday-dunno y-! Had my hash brown omelet w/pepper jack cheese, and side of bacon last night --mmm mmm good. Have a nice evening all ! Barb