Dinner tonight? Thursday 05 April 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had the Shrimp Risotto tonight that we had planned to have last night.

I've also made an observation that almost any Risotto dish tastes fantastic finished with a pinch of truffle salt. :chef:

I was going to do a twist on this:

Steven and Chris | Arbequina Olive Bucatini

Subbing out whole wheat pasta for the pasta, no chicken, and regular spanish olives with a splash of smoke flavor to compensate.

But I got distracted making Kimichi. I think it was BuckyTom's link to Rock's post on this, but I couldn't find it again when I searched...I didn't have the radishes, nor the chili (I used some Thai red chili paste)....so far, it is really good.

cws are you talking about Cooking Korean food with Maangchi: Korean cooking, recipes, videos, and blog

it's really a great site for real korean cuisine. and she's funny and cute as a button.
i was supposed to take one of her classes last year but i couldn't get off of work. maybe someday.

NY Strip (Just Kidding Andy !)

Porterhouse, Baked Tater w/ Broccoli/Cheese,
Onion rings

img_1126784_0_1ea7784a7769766609f7d9c80306ecd0.jpg

Thanks.

I had to use that picture cause it show cases the rocker knife I got just for cutting up pizza. :)

That is one giant ulu.

I refuse to look at the pizza while I'm eating low carb.

That's one name for it. :) I had to look it up to be sure it was though. I always just called em rocker knives.

It came with a squared edge (flat, not properly beveled). The first time I tried to cut pizza it was quite... annoying.

So I got out my diamond plate and worked on it for about an hour and put an edge on it. Not finely honed, not nice and acute, not overly sharp, but it cuts pizza now.

And go on, have a look, it isn't all that big. :mrgreen: Both cutting board and knife and 14inches (that is some number of mm to you).

Back
Top Bottom