Dinner Tonight? Thursday, December 27th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flourgirl

Senior Cook
Well, after 2 days, we're all tired of eating leftover Christmas lasagna here.

So I'll get back to cooking tonight. I'm keeping it light though, oven baked sea bass with a light ginger soy and a salad of red leaf lettuce, poached pears and candied walnuts.

Anyone else?

that doesn't sound too simple at all, sounds tasty! and a perfect healthy meal to get on back on track after over doing it for the holidays!

cheers!

I'm making steak tips and gravy and serving it over egg noodles, probably with corn or salad on the side. Our Christmas leftovers are entirely in dessert form, so we'll keep working on those for our dessert.

We need a break from ham, so I'm fixing salmon patties tonight. DH went his whole life thinking he hated them, until I fixed them for the grandson one night, and now he loves them. I think we'll have mac & cheese and peas to go with.

It's going to be about 32 tonight (which is cold for San Antonio) so I'm making breakfast for dinner. Fried eggs, bacon, hashed browns and pancakes - comfort food for my crew. (Actually, I got a 13" All-Clad French Skillet for the holidays and I'm dying to use it!)

I think I will make fettucini alfredo. May as well send my year out with a bang before I start that New Years diet!

Fisher's Mom, you will love your french skillet! When I was away all summer cooking at a camp and we had a house/dog sitter I hid my skillet in my bedroom closet. I mean I love the girl who stayed like a daughter....but I love my skillet more:ROFLMAO:

Anyway, for dinner tonight I am teaching a friend how to make Gnocchi Parisienne from scratch and then since DH is working she and I will test it out with a Caesar salad and garlic herb bread!

Turkey sandwiches... not sure if they'll be HOT or COLD though.
It's snowing here..( YUCK) and I work late..so prbly just cold and easy.
Who knows when I'll get home.

After taking last night off from left overs, we're back at them tonigh--ham, hashbrowns, honey-roasted carrots, and salad. I think my mint chocolate ice cream cake is growing so we'll dig into that again for dessert. Funny how no one complains about left-over dessert!:LOL:

Fisher's Mom, you will love your french skillet! When I was away all summer cooking at a camp and we had a house/dog sitter I hid my skillet in my bedroom closet. I mean I love the girl who stayed like a daughter....but I love my skillet more:ROFLMAO:

Anyway, for dinner tonight I am teaching a friend how to make Gnocchi Parisienne from scratch and then since DH is working she and I will test it out with a Caesar salad and garlic herb bread!
I thought I was the only one, LP! I actually have a few pots and pans that are for the kids' use and they know not to touch mine. This skillet is so nice - it seems lighter weight than my Calphalon stainless.

Ooooh, gnocchi is one of my favorite foods and at the top of my list of things I want to learn to make someday.

Holy cow, I think tonight is gnocchi night in our house too. What is the "parisienne" style? I will likely do a 3 cheese sauce and a tomato one to go with. Depends on how long we are out shopping! LOL.

After reading this thread, I think I'll make some broiled fish (whatever is fresh and not too expensive), salad, and not sure what else yet.

Holy cow, I think tonight is gnocchi night in our house too. What is the "parisienne" style? I will likely do a 3 cheese sauce and a tomato one to go with. Depends on how long we are out shopping! LOL.

Parisienne Gnocchi is made with half potato and half choux paste, then put in a pastry bag with a large round tip and cut off into 1 inch pieces into boiling water. It is served with a fresh tomato basil sauce. I find this method of making the gnocchi very light. It was one of three ways we learned at school - the italian way, the "french" way and a very strange way that didn't really resemble gnocchi at all except in taste!

by the way Alix, what are your three cheeses? I can't have cheddar or any orange cheeses and am always looking for good recipes using a variety of white cheese.

I thought I was the only one, LP! I actually have a few pots and pans that are for the kids' use and they know not to touch mine. This skillet is so nice - it seems lighter weight than my Calphalon stainless.

Ooooh, gnocchi is one of my favorite foods and at the top of my list of things I want to learn to make someday.

what makes it a french skillet? different than a regular skillet
i am needing a new one, would this pan work for most skillet dishes?

babe :chef:

Okay how do I explain what I am doing. Well I made two burgers, added the sauce I had from the christmas roast with added onion, tomato sauce etc and hope it comes out like some form of salisbury steak. Also, left over delmonico potatoes and veggies. Then a nice slice of cheesecake with strawberries. Whew, I have got to stop eating the desserts!

Back
Top Bottom