Dinner tonight..Wed.1/30/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had las night's leftovers, and they tasted almost better than the first time! Not the same cooking aroma, however. Also had some quick pickles - seeded cucumber sticks with equal volumes of sugar and white vinegar, and a little salt. Just shake it up in a jar, shake it every time I'm in the area for a few hours, and then stick it in the fridge. This time I seasoned them with a little sesame oil - no heat, since the chicken dip sauce had enough!

Found a thick slab of Christmas dinner prime rib that I'm heating sous vide. Tots in the TO and a veggie will make my dinner tonight.

Cajun pork and black eye pea chili with southern cornbread. I LOVED this. New recipe.

Attachments

• 2019-01-30 18.23.39.jpg
    2019-01-30 18.23.39.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 137
Found a thick slab of Christmas dinner prime rib that I'm heating sous vide. Tots in the TO and a veggie will make my dinner tonight.

Such a good idea for the reheating without further cooking Andy.

Cajun pork and black eye pea chili with southern cornbread. I LOVED this. New recipe.

Can you share the recipe Med? I like the idea of black eye peas in chili. It's one of the few beans I like.

Last edited:

Attachments

• P1300008[1].jpg
    P1300008[1].jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 120
Such a good idea for the reheating without further cooking Andy.

Can you share the recipe Med? I like the idea of black eye peas in chili. It's one of the few beans I like.
I was thinking the same - that using the sousvide for reheating sounded brilliant. Great sounding supper Andy.

I would love to see that recipe too. I also am not fond of most dried beans, but black eyed peas are one of the few I like.

Taco salad here this afternoon. :chef:

As always, wonderful looking and sounding dinners this evening. :yum:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom