Dinner tonight..Wed. 6/8/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
We just finished dinner on the left coast. What did you have?

I simmered some Bockwurst and Bratwurst in beer on the grill, and then grilled them along with a basket of mixed marinated veggies, and another side of saute cabbage with caraway seeds and vinegar. Yumm

Last edited:
We had grilled burgers and corn and I added some more ingredients to the pea-couscous salad I made last night: diced tomato and cucumber and more feta and minced mint. Good stuff.

Attachments

• 1465439457768.jpg
    1465439457768.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 209
We rescued a meal of Hungarian goulash soup from the freezer and had that with some Italian bread (a truly international meal!).

I made Greek-ish salads (I'm actually getting used to the mint in that Spice House Greek Seasonings mix I bought :huh: ) and one of the pasta recipes I considered for yesterday. We had the one with Mascarpone, Meyer Lemon, Spinach and Toasted Hazelnuts. I knew that I would like it, but I was surprised at how much Himself enjoyed it. Win-win! We'll have it again, but not too often. It's pretty rich. *burp*

Attachments

• 2016-06-08 22.30.20.jpg
    2016-06-08 22.30.20.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 2016-06-08 21.48.35.jpg
    2016-06-08 21.48.35.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 179
From the freezer, the other half of the Moroccan-spiced pastitsio we had a while back. Craig thought it needed more sauce and tzatiki, so I made the tzatiki and he made the extra sauce. It was really good but I think next time I'll cut down on the cinnamon since I'm particularly sensitive to its taste. Oh, I skipped the dried mint entirely, cannot stand that stuff.

Moroccan-Spiced Pastitsio with Lamb and Feta recipe | Epicurious.com

Back
Top Bottom