Dinner tonight. Wed. May 22, '19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have been in and out all day and left our last appointment around 5:00. We chose a back roads drive home over the bumper to bumper highway route. We hit our home town around 6:00 and stopped for a pepperoni and onion pizza, wine and beer.

I caught on the news last night that Maine lobstermen are hurting because the retaliatory tariffs imposed by China on lobsters imported from the U.S. are causing a significant decrease in demand. In order to do my patriotic duty and support local businesses, we had lobster tonight. The local supermarket has lobster at $5.99 / lb. which is really cheap this time of year, as the price generally doesn't drop until the summer months. Plus, these were hard shells, so they are really packed with meat. Sides were Bush's Grillin Beans enhanced with bacon and onions, cole slaw.

Attachments

• BRibs-001.jpg
    BRibs-001.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 136
Those look good, cd.

I made garden salads, then we had more of the chicken and tuna salads. I got Hawaiian style rolls at Aldi today, so we used those for little sandwiches.
IMG_20190522_212125821_HDR.jpg

The Hawaiian Mochiko Chicken was unusual and really delicious. The sides were the famous cold Dragon Lady Sesame Noodles (this time with fine cabbage and carrot), and classic cucumber salad with white onion. It was a really nice combo of flavors to be sure. :yum:
Here's the recipe I used.

https://www.foodland.com/recipe/mochiko-chicken

Attachments

• P5220004[1].jpg
    P5220004[1].jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
The Hawaiian Mochiko Chicken was unusual and really delicious. The sides were the famous cold Dragon Lady Sesame Noodles (this time with fine cabbage and carrot), and classic cucumber salad with white onion. It was a really nice combo of flavors to be sure. :yum:
Here's the recipe I used.

https://www.foodland.com/recipe/mochiko-chicken

Oh my gravy all over my two scoop rice (that's OMG! in my world) Kayelle!

I'm so glad that you tried this recipe AND had it with noodles (if you enjoy Bean Sprouts, try some Mung Bean Sprouts and thinly sliced Celery as well as onion in the Noodles too, we call that Chop Suey Mix here in Hawaii) and a-sorta-kinda Cucumber Namasu as your sides!!! Very local :LOL: (Hawaiian-style)

So funny that tonight we had Mixed Plate Hawaiian Style, which included Ahi Poke, Kamuela Tomatoes, Cucumber Kim Chee, Pulehu Short Ribs AND
Mochiko Chicken, with Yakisoba Noodles ... these were mostly leftovers from our evening out with our dear old friend.
IMG_4261.jpg
:yum:

Mahalo Kgirl.......As you can see from our dinner tonight, I wish I was with you. You're dinner looks outstanding too. So glad you're enjoying your trip home.:flowers:

Craig made a scalloped potato dish with gruyere and about half of a large ham steak cut up into cubes. Green beans for the side.

Back
Top Bottom