Dinner tonight, Wednesday, Nov 15th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
My mind is not made up at all. Last night, I oped to make a very crispy [fried then finished in the oven] chicken, oven roasted "Broccoflower" heddar cheese biscuits, caprese salad and potato salad. Very good I must say, although I only ate a minute amount of illegal parts.

Tonight, no clue. Help............gotta see what everyone else is coming up with.

I really felt inclined to be kneading something today so I have tried making naan for the first time. When finished they will be peshwari naan. There is no cultural cohesion to the rest of the meal though. I am grilling some lamb rubbed in sumac, making a sort of chickpea, lemony, garlicy thing to eat with them and the naan, and a salad of grapefruit, lime and orange, and sliced avocado that needs eating.

Well due to my idiocy last night we have some shrimp bisque for dinner tonight. I will likely make some bread and do a salad and maybe some chicken noodle for the kiddos who will gag at the thought of bisque.

Last edited:
Shrimp Bisque sounds yummy to me!
I'm not sure what's up for tonight. I have a lot of brown rice left, so I could do fried rice, I guess. I'm out of fresh vegetables, but I do have some frozen peas. What do y'all think about putting canned shrimp in it?

Constance said:
Shrimp Bisque sounds yummy to me!
I'm not sure what's up for tonight. I have a lot of brown rice left, so I could do fried rice, I guess. I'm out of fresh vegetables, but I do have some frozen peas. What do y'all think about putting canned shrimp in it?

Even though the shrimps are not fresh, it's still a good idea to add them for a more balanced meal. Do not forget to add eggs in it though.

i knew it was going to be a tough week for us crazy busy. so i
cooked frozen meals last weekend. tonight will be chili it is cold here.
i am sure the kids will also have ice cream i went to the store over the
weekend and let each one of my kids pick out some ice cream. when we got home and put everything away i forgot we had 5 half gallons in the deep freezer already we now have 8 half gallons.

so we have way to much ice cream in the house need to have them eat
it up. i am sure they will not be upset.

I'm making chicken parmesan. I make it the way my Italian mother-in-law makes it. She places the pan fried breaded chicken on a shallow baking dish and tops each piece with fresh mozzarella and then the sauce goes on top of the cheese. This seems to trap in the moisture in the chicken. Then it gets baked for at least an hour and when it comes out it's fork tender and the sauce has a deep roasted flavor. I have store-bought fresh fettuccini and a green salad. Desert is sinful...fresh strawberries dipped in sweetened condensed milk.

We aare having pork chops in a cider cream sauce, mashed potatoes,green beans with bacon and garlic, some pears, apples, bananas, and melon salad. Don't have time to do a dessert today so some tiramisu gelatto from the freezer will have to do.
kadesma:-p

I've got no clue,
I'm thawing a Purdue oven stuffer roaster (a large chicken) but it won't be ready till tommorow. I might just order a pizza tonight:rolleyes:

Big bowls of chili with crackers. To drink, ice cold milk. For dessert its Wild Strawberry Jello with mini marshmallows.:rolleyes:

My dinner or rather supper was rather light - a ham and cheese sandwich with some homemade pickles on the side and a cup of hot herbal tea.

CHili here, too. We'll have ours on some rice and top it with sour cream, shredded cheese and tomatoes. Leftover birthday cake for dessert.

crapola here. Mandatory meeting for lacrosse parents and kids at 7. Daughter is still at school doing lacrosse clinic and will stay there until meeting time. HH will probably get home with just enought time to change into comfier clothes and we head out again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom