Dinner Tonite, NYE, 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luvs2Cook

Head Chef
Whats on your menu for this special evening?:chef:

Tonite for us its:
Surf and Turf
(Prime Rib, Lobster, cole slaw, Not sure how I'll prep my potatos).

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! :whistling

I have to work my second job tonight (Doorman at local watering hole) and they have a samll buffet. Thats what I will have.

yum, that sounds good, luvs2.

have fun, lefty. shouldn't you be watching clint eastwood movies all day, for inspiration?

we are going to a local japanese hibachi restaurant: Mt. Fuji Restaurants, NJ, NY, New York, New Jersey, Japanese Steakhouse, Hibachi Restaurant

dw and i will share a filet mignon and shrimp, and a filet mignon and lobster hibachi dinner, and my little guy will probably have the chicken teryaki.

then, i have to be in at work at 11pm. :neutral:

and, it's a stupid leap second, so i have to hold all of our clock systems at 2:10am for 1 second, then jam-slave or restart every single time dependent system in our building. there's a lot of them.

We are going to friends for dinner and a movie...the way we have celebrated for the last 5 years! This year they are doing the dinner so I have no clue except that it will be delicious.

I am doing appies and dessert.

tortiere triangles
spanakotpita rolls
mini quiche Lorraine
mushroom stuffed brie in pastry
chicken satae skewers

Dessert sampler:
Christmas creme brulee (eggnog and peppermint)
molten chocolate cake
white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate twuffles

and, it's a stupid leap second, so i have to hold all of our clock systems at 2:10am for 1 second, then jam-slave or restart every single time dependent system in our building. there's a lot of them.

Think of the power you have, Bucky T! You will actually make time stand still....even if just for a second!

Lobster bisque and butternut squash chowder

Mixed greens with petite shrimp & crabmeat dressed in a champagne vinaigrette

Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon and served with a Bearnaise sauce, and Char-grilled Chilean Sea Bass with a sundried tomato beurre blanc sauce

New York style cheesecake and Chocolate Lava Cake.

Should be satisfying.

have fun, lefty. shouldn't you be watching clint eastwood movies all day, for inspiration?

I'm working an American Legion and most of our members are Clint Eastwood's age LOL. Those WW2 vets are a tough bunch to bounce when they get going. :LOL:

Was supposed to have spent it with a friend but she called last night and said we couldn't get together because had to be with a family member who had to have surgery yesterday afternoon.

Buck and I always celebrated with a meal of fondue from his Swiss grandfather's recipe. Funny, I picked up the ingredients yesterday because I thought I'd be sharing it with my friend, so guess I'll have fondue with my kitties.

Lobster bisque and butternut squash chowder

Mixed greens with petite shrimp & crabmeat dressed in a champagne vinaigrette

Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon and served with a Bearnaise sauce, and Char-grilled Chilean Sea Bass with a sundried tomato beurre blanc sauce

New York style cheesecake and Chocolate Lava Cake.

Should be satisfying.

I think we'll stop over your house tonight!! :LOL:

We're grilling rib eye steaks with an onion and mushroom sauce. (I hope the snow stops soon.) Also baked potatoes w/sour cream, bacon and cheese. Broccoli and grilled asparagus. I think my friend is bringing french onion soup. My friend doesn't like seafood or I would make a crab topping for the steaks.

We'll have chili/cheese dip, shrimp cocktail, stuffed mushrooms and spinach artichoke dip for nibbles before dinner and later in the evening. I've got Christmas cookies left for dessert....we're not dessert eaters.

Barb

Christmas company just left yesterday - I'm pooped! I usually like to make something good like alot of you are doing, just don't have the brain power or energy right now. Might do some appys and order pizza.

Was supposed to have spent it with a friend but she called last night and said we couldn't get together because had to be with a family member who had to have surgery yesterday afternoon.

Buck and I always celebrated with a meal of fondue from his Swiss grandfather's recipe. Funny, I picked up the ingredients yesterday because I thought I'd be sharing it with my friend, so guess I'll have fondue with my kitties.

I spent many New Years Eves with Julia Child Kitty. We'll be toasting her tonight. The holidays just haven't seemed right without her sticking her cute little nose into everything.

We'll be toasting you, too, Katie. :)

at dinner time, just some chicken sandwiches because later there will be hors d'oeuvres (I'm making French Kisses!) and around midnight, our traditional meal of Hoppin' John and Collards. I'm making biscuits to have with truffle honey.... and Port Poached Pears. :chef:

I'll have a couple of teens here, plus 2 toddlers. We are doing finger foods and movies. Crock pot Taco dip, Bacon wrapped water chestnuts and pickles wrapped in cream cheese and dried beef. We currently have a bet on what that last thing is actually called. I always thought it was "Pigs eyes"...my niece says its "pickles wrapped in beef". haha

Happy New Years everyone

Dessert sampler:
Christmas creme brulee (eggnog and peppermint)

Can I haz that recipe?
img_758000_0_cb9b93f10490ee4c0eaa68381c3a3fb6.gif

Homecook, Luvs2, and JoeV... holy crap that all sounds so good...

I think my boyfriend and his brother were planning for us to go over to the brother's place tonight for a get together but its snowing at a pretty good clip here. I wouldn't mind going out anyways, but we live behind an industrial park that for some reason gets ignored by the plows when it snows. So tonight it will probably be leftover chicken sandwhiches from last night (not complaining at all!!... I think I am going to post the recipe here in a min) and I did pick up a few things yesterday to make jalapeno poppers.

Back
Top Bottom