Dinner Tues Aug. 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stir Fry

Well tonight was my night to showcase my (ha)culinary skills. Kayelle suggested I do a shrimp stir fry for dinner. Had a pound of raw shrimp I peeled with my handy shrimp cleaner, then chopped the veggies
I used Napa cabbage, red and green bell pepper, mushrooms, green onions,
zucchini, celery and spinach.
My late wife once typed up a recipe that said "stir froy and remover", which was what I did with the shrimp. I stir fried all the veggies in peanut oil until they were done, and then added Kikkoman Stir Fry Sauce. I then added the shrimp in and served it over rice.:yum:
P.S. I also cleaned up:angel:

BBQ Chicken w/rice & van ice cream with blackberries & blueberry sauce.

img_1432222_0_2226af432bb273caf6a308333fe4c622.jpg

img_1432222_1_664040cbe3f688be98c01aa102ba7d5e.jpg

I made the mini-meatloaves in my Nordic Ware mini bundt pan. Not sure why they call it a bundt pan since it doesn't have a dimple in the middle, but it sure puts a nice crust on the meatloaves. Without any gravy, we ended up having puddles of butter in the smashed potatoes. :yum:

Attachments

• 2015-08-11 20.50.30.jpg
    2015-08-11 20.50.30.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 140
Mmmm...sounds good Souschef and CCLady...and great pics CG and Joey! :yum: I'm so getting inspired by this evening's meals.

.......I'm going to make a loaded up salad - lots of produce to use up. Iceberg lettuce, romaine, radishes, cucumber, purple onion, shredded red cabbage, topped with croutons and ranch dressing. I'm frying up the last 2 pieces of bacon now to add to the mix.......

I also added shredded carrots, chopped celery, tomatoes, red bells, and hard cooked eggs. The romaine and iceberg lettuce is hiding under all those goodies, dressing on the side as needed. Haagen-Dazs double chocolate ice cream bar for dessert. :ohmy: :yum:

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 151
Back
Top Bottom