Dinner Tues Aug. 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
For the first time in my memory, there wasn't a dinner thread yesterday.

Today's another day!

We're doing a shrimp stir fry of some kind tonight. I'll fill in the blanks later.
What's on your menu tonight?

:chef:

We need to find out who's responsible and begin the floggings immediately.

Tonight's dinner will be chicken with pickled peppers over rice. It's a take-off of a Lidia recipe.

tenspeed, that was my thought, too. 70 and rainy? Perfect baking/roasting weather.

I'm making turkey mini meat loaves, mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli with that last little bit of cauliflower tossed in. Maybe a salad, maybe dessert. Never got around to making the blueberry crumble yesterday. Like Scarlett said, tomorrow is another day.

For the first time in my memory, there wasn't a dinner thread yesterday...
I figured we'd done one better, turning "Meatless Monday" into "Mealless Monday". :LOL:

I figured we'd done one better, turning "Meatless Monday" into "Mealless Monday". :LOL:

Oh, no, I ate! Leftover smoked barbecue pulled beef and potato salad :yum:

I'm going to make tzatziki with my last garden cucumber and grill some pork chops with Penzey's Greek seasoning. I'll also roast some more garden tomatoes and then braise some green beans with the tomatoes and some onions and garlic. I'm also going to make seasoned pita chips. Need to get started!

Pulled smoked beef and potato salad mmmm

Attachments

• 1439320760336.jpg
    1439320760336.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 170
Ohh noooo.......I ate last night too. ;) We had Italian meat ball subs, but no picture. I don't remember doing it, but the freezer surprise was labeled "6 meatballs in pasta sauce". :yum:

Oh, no, I ate! Leftover smoked barbecue pulled beef and potato salad :yum:...
Ohh noooo.......I ate last night too. ;) We had Italian meat ball subs...
We ate, too! It was going to be leftovers, but that garden tomato (from someone else's garden) was calling my name. We had grilled cheese and tomato sammies on Panera's "Country White" miche. We may not have gone "mealless", but we finally remembered "meatless".

A "miche" loaf is nearly a double-wide version of their standard loaf, so that was "supper", along with extra slices of 'mater. Fresh strawberries with a touch of ice cream was savored later.

Darn it, the pita bread is no good :( I think I'll skip the starch and make small Greek salads. I have all the ingredients and we should eat them while we still have fresh garden produce.

Using some of the home cured and smoked Tasso for pasta with Tasso cream sauce.:yum:

I got home way too late for dinner last night and forgot to leave my own welcome mat out. So it was tuna sammies on toast, w/ a handful of wavy potato chips and a scoop of chocolate ice cream. ( Who likes to dip their chips in soft ice cream. Yum)

Today, I am going out again, but this time I already have dinner ready to pull from the frig and put together when I get home. Taco salad on chopped romaine, and another scoop chocolate ice cream.

Baked Chicken thighs with a small salad. I will regret the salad, but the cukes an tomatoes are from the maintenance men's garden. I may just leave the lettuce out of it. Pirate can have that. I already had one leaf of it today. Why push my luck. No carbs for me though. :angel:

Mmmm....so many good sounding dinners today.

I'm going to make a loaded up salad - lots of produce to use up. Iceberg lettuce, romaine, radishes, cucumber, purple onion, shredded red cabbage, topped with croutons and ranch dressing. I'm frying up the last 2 pieces of bacon now to add to the mix. :yum:

Kay, you've just inspired me for tomorrow's dinner - I have some meatballs and marinara sauce (not together) in the freezer. A meatball sub sounds great! :yum:

Last edited:
GG, I looked at the recipe you linked and wonder how sweet the sauce was? What do you think?

We thought it was quite good. I cut way back on the jalapeños - used just one red one from the garden - and decided it wasn't hot enough, so we added hot sauce for serving. But the sauce was well balanced.

This is the beer we used in the sauce. I'm not a beer drinker, but I liked it. DH is a fan of IPAs and he liked it, too.

Attachments

• 1439340862538.jpg
    1439340862538.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 146
Dinner tonight. I decided at the last minute to make a pan sauce with spicy mustard and mayo.

Attachments

• 1439341034881.jpg
    1439341034881.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 151
Back
Top Bottom