Dinner Tues. Aug. 26, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
What's cookin' at your house?

We're having leftover grilled ribs and coleslaw from last night, along with some fresh roasted asparagus and maybe baked spuds.....

I made a beef stew from scratch. It was tasty and tender but I would have preferred to have had some barley and lentils in it (none in cupboard and forgot when shopping). Slow simmer for 2 and a half hours....lean stewing steak (seared) with sauteed onions and garlic, adding carrots, potatoes and cabbage later. Seasonings were bay leaves, beef stock, chilli, tomato puree, paprika, tamari and basil.

Last edited:
stuck at work again for 16. can't decide. maybe a tuna hero with spinach, pickled hot peppers, and onions. side o' chips and a diet snapple peach iced tea.

I made a ramekin of rigatoni, marinara, browned hot Italian sausage, garlic and hot pepper flakes, all topped with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan and put under the broiler until brown and bubbly. Baby limas as a side. Iced tea, then zucchini cake with cream cheese icing for dessert. 'Nuff.

I made a tomato sauce with porcini mushrooms and served it over chicken and herb tortellini along with a tossed salad on the side.

Used some leftovers to make Camarones ala Diabla Quesadillas. For cheese I used Queso Oaxaca.

img_1383002_0_ac4a497f5bed3a371120dc28bc26b36f.jpg

img_1383002_1_ce51d40b6d474a082f270aaac10287b4.jpg

Last edited:
ooh, they look nice and spicy!

what was the sauce you used?

Sauce was
3 cloves garlic
1/2 small onion
3 chile arbol
3 California Chiles
2 Chipotle peppers
1 teaspoon Chipotle sauce
2 Tablespoons Ketchup
pinch of salt
1/3 cup water

Shrimp were seasoned with a mix of
2 teaspoons dried Chipotle pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried garlic
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin

Seared the shrimp on both sides then added about half of the sauce. Cooked for one more minute.

pork roast with sauce/glaze made from peaches, white wine, brown sugar, grain mustard, and rosemary, plus olive oil oven roasted potatoes.

Romaine salad to start, then bay scallops (looked like baby scallops - really small but got them on sale), mushrooms and asparagus with spaghetti, in a creamy basil lemon sauce. Just waiting for the last *burp* before whipping cream for dessert - a FRESH peach pie. As in, uncooked peaches in a blind-baked shell. It's how Mom always made hers. :yum:

Attachments

• 2014-08-26 21.29.26.jpg
    2014-08-26 21.29.26.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 163

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom