Dinner, Tues. Feb.12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Red head daughter's birthday today! So, I'll take her out tonight along with the DW for Valentines...Two birds with one stone!!
Happy Birthday to your red headed daughter;) and happy valentines day to all of you..Two birds with one stone, you rascal you..
kades:LOL:

Today is DH birthday, I will fix him steak, shrimp, asparagus, baked potato, salad and warm sour dough bread. I bought myself some smelt yesterday, so I am having smelt, fries and salad. ( Dh doesn't care for fish -:( )
Cake and ice cream for dessert.
Happy Birthday to Mr. Barb:LOL: and hint hint, I love smelt,fries and birthday cake:ROFLMAO:

kades

So, tonight, i'm making a roast chicken,with roasted alongside potatoes,carrots, turnips, and homemade biscuits with butter and honey, green salad with vinegrette of evoo,lemon and orange juice,dijon and a little honey...and I got off my duff and made DH a banana cream pie from scratch,that means crust,and the filling was NOT the jello pudding for a change I did it myself woo hoo:LOL: he has been doing so much for me that I just had to do something nice for him..

kadesma

It's snowing in N.Y., I am laid up with a twisted knee.Can't extend it all the way and I am the cook of the house.
My wife made me an omlette once...once. One time in 7 years. HELP!
Anyway, I will hobble in the kitchen and experiment.
I always keep frozen jumbo shrimp, peas, chicken broth on hand along with my huge, obsessive collection of spices, I will tell you what I come up with.
Wifey's solution will most likely be in the form of a delivered pizza box.

today's dinner 2-12-08

I have manicotti baking in the oven. The recipe is from America's Test Kitchen. I never tried it before so we'll see how it turns out. A lot of prep work involved even when using no boil lasagna noodles.
I will prepare the garlic bread later.

Barb L & Bob...what is it with today? It's my dh's birthday today too.

AND ALIX'S!

I've got a 22 pound turkey roasting away as we chat. For sides I have asparagus, mashed potatoes, salad w/blue cheese crumbles & tomatoes & brioche rolls.
I'm making a white cake & topping it with whipped cream, strawberries, blueberries & blackberries.

AND ALIX'S!

I've got a 22 pound turkey roasting away as we chat. For sides I have asparagus, mashed potatoes, salad w/blue cheese crumbles & tomatoes & brioche rolls.
I'm making a white cake & topping it with whipped cream, strawberries, blueberries & blackberries.
Happy Birthday to your DH Jkath..Your dinner sounds wonderful..enjoy...
kadesma:)

AND ALIX'S!

God that sounds nice and comforting.
I love to mix blue cheese into my mashed potatoes.
Delicious.:ohmy:

Wishing a Happy birthday to Mr. Barb L.
For supper I made Ol-blue's Cheesey Potatoes in the crockpot.(Very good). Baked pork chop's and a nice lettuce salad.

AND ALIX'S!

Thanks for hubby's Birthday wish, same to your hubby - your dinner sounds so very comforting right now- delishhhhh !

Well, pork chops with wild rice stuffing has some how magically turned into beef dip and rosemary potato wedges. I had forgot I had some sirloin roast left over from Sunday and DH brought home some nice mini sub buns from work. Main reason is though...forgot to take the chops out of the freezer.:wacko:

Did some poke chops on Junior and served with steamed fresh beets w/butter, SnPnG and finally the last of the dam green beans the DW cooked on Sunday!!!
img_548911_0_67f462f8dce86d7b13c26fddd89f49fd.jpg

img_548911_1_1f88848660f727136af6f36df5ce364d.jpg

We were supposed to go out to dinner with friends to Olivia, a Mediterranean restaurant on the Island. But the little one is sick & only wants Mommy. So I sent my DH alone & he is bringing me home a Sabich wrap, egg, potato, eggplant, cabbage, onions, tomato, hummus & tahini in a freshly made pita.....YUM!

Chile Verde Y Papas

Click here for more pictures. Chile Verde Y Papas

I wanted to use some of that fantastic pork this week before I froze it, so last night (after putting it off two nights), I set about making this Chile Verde. I love the smell of the Berkshire fresh pork browning (slightly) in the big pan as I am making it. I'll post a real recipe if anyone is interested... This has very few ingredients compared to some of the other complex chili I make, and this one I made with Chicken Stock (possibly a double chicken stock out of the freezer?).

Here is a pic of the finished bowl and a few more taken just for fun.

Greenchili44.jpg

[/quote]

Awesome pics..I love them!
It really helps tell the story.
My knee was really messed up last night so my shrimp dish went out the window.
I hobbled into the kitchen, grabbed a couple of beers...called for pizza and sald to be delivered and enjoyed the thought of the shrimp dish I was going to make.:)
img_549287_0_fe2c86a43724f84f60984ca7e421f669.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom