Dinner, Tues. Feb.12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Today is DH birthday, I will fix him steak, shrimp, asparagus, baked potato, salad and warm sour dough bread. I bought myself some smelt yesterday, so I am having smelt, fries and salad. ( Dh doesn't care for fish -:( )
Cake and ice cream for dessert.

Last edited:
Hope your DH has a nice birthday Barb!!

I made potato and leek soup tonight (been delaying it for days waiting for fridge and freezer space) so while it was cooking had some hummus and Melba toasts but as that didn't hit the spot, we decided to have dessert while we were waiting for the soup to finish. Dessert was slices of Viennetta log which is basically just icecream and a bit of chocolate, served with caramel sauce. (Another attempt to clear the freezer.)

happy birthday mr. "el"!!!!

i think we're going here tonight: Charlie Brown's Dinner Menu

no paritcular reason except dw has 2-fer-1 coupons, and kids eat free.:)

it's a toss up between the double cut prime rib, and the angus porterhouse.

with the 6 layer chocolate cake for dessert.

:pig::pig::pig:

DH and I both have classes tonight, so we're having leftover baked chicken cacciatore from Sunday. Just need to cook up some more pasta and make a couple of salads when I get home around 7:30.

tonight is a grass fed beef delmonico with baked potato and peas and salad. simple but tasty. I like balsamic vinegar salt and peper on my tater...no fat, low cal and yummy.

Oh, everyone's meals so far sound great... well, except the smelt BarbL, sorry. Hope your DH has a very Happy Birthday!

I have some fresh herbs (rosemary, basil, thyme and oregano) left from making the focaccia yesterday and pork chops are on the menu so I am going to have fun there - maybe a fresh herb and wild rice stuffing. Probably baked potatoes, carrots, salad and I promised our border biscuits.

Sheesh. It's snowing, DW took the car in to the shop for repairs, and there is ZIPPO in the house. I'm not ready to go for a two and a half mile walk in the snow in 20 degrees, so tonight, it's steak-ums and white bread. Might even have a bag of tater tot's laying around somewhere. :LOL: shold go quite nicely with the chocolate chip cheese cake I made this morning, with a chocolate shell hiding a layer of caramel on top of it... You can guarantee I'll be pretending that it's grass fed beef delmonico though... sigh.

Got some nice Blood Oranges at home so I'm gonna do a pork tenderloin with a (black)peppered blood orange sauce. Maybe some risotto and spinach. Has anyone tried the Cara Cara oranges? They're so good I think I'm going to start a new thread about them!

I think I'll throw a pot of veggie soup on.
It's warmer here and the rain has stopped but, soup is always good food.

I had too much at breakfast. Too much at lunch. And been snacking ever since. lol. So CERTAINLY no dinner for me!.. neeed to go running to burn off all these extra calories!

The caramelizing onions thread gave me a craving this morning.

SO....

I saw this (close to anyway) on Everyday Italian once, changed it a little.

Caramelized onions, some garlic, feta cheese, tossed with hot pasta, a little lemon juice, (fresh meyers thanks plumies!) and some of the pasta water. Yummy!
A salad I suppose.

I have an eye-round in the oven (making it pot roast style with diced tomatoes, onion soup mix, garlic cloves & marjoram), with potatoes au gratin, sauteed spinach and rolls.

i am making salmon patties, one of my faves, served with leftover rice.to will saute mushrooms and onions to go in rice. mixed veg in cheese sauce. maybe sugar free jello for dessert.

need to get back to no snacks, ate a half bag milk chocolate chips last night. shame on me.

babe

Heck no! Not when I see what others are cookin, why stay home?
I'm just awaitin the invite! hint hint hint........

to BarbL........
Happy Birthday to your doll.
Wishing him and you the best of nights.
JPF{{{Y}}}A{{{DH}}}:heart:
Thanks, hon - your place at the table is ready for you, porch lite is on !
TFTP"S :angel: Kades is coming too - what a fun time !!!!!! :w00t2:

Last edited:
Still kinda chilly here, sleet, snow and rain.
Soooo, pork rib roast with saurkraut and mashed taters again.
(BTW, the horseradish taters went great with the short ribs that I made last night):chef:

Got some nice Blood Oranges at home so I'm gonna do a pork tenderloin with a (black)peppered blood orange sauce. Maybe some risotto and spinach. Has anyone tried the Cara Cara oranges? They're so good I think I'm going to start a new thread about them!
Your dinner sounds really interesting. That sauce sounds incredible!

I will be marinating a flank steak, we'll grill it and have tacos with corn tortillas, guacamole, beans and all the great fixins.
No clue about dessert. Cookies probably.

Back
Top Bottom