Dinner, Tues. Jan. 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4 ingredient green chicken enchiladas.
I saw this recipe years ago on tv. It was featured as a lady's military son's favorite meal and she surprised him at his boot camp, and made it for the dinner meal for all the service guys/gals. He walked through the mess line, and said, "I'm not even going to take that as it couldn't be nearly as good as my mom's." He bypassed it. The mom in the background was horrified and didn't know what to do, so, she walked out from behind a wall with his new plate. He was so surprised and soooo happy, I cried watching it as did his mother, feeding her baby.
I'll do Spanish rice and refried beans too, cause moreover, that's what I'll most likely eat.
It is literally 4 ingredients and it's become one of my favorite go to meals.
The chicken provided by last nights meal will make this happen.

an all-in-one roast beef dinner in a pot (no, it`s NOT a stew but similar), that will be served in a pair of 11x7 inch Yorkshire puddings :)
one each.

Happy anniversary!

We're having baked ziti (I add sliced pepperoni to mine), with ricotta and topped with mozzarella. Garlic toast for dipping into the sauce and a green salad on the side.

I'm also making a "French" chicken salad for lunches the rest of the week. It's creamy and crunchy at the same time, made with poached chicken breast, mayo, some plain yogurt, cubed swiss cheese, diced apples and sliced endive.

Yesterday, I cooked a 3.5-lb. pork shoulder in the crockpot with about 2 cups of homemade tomatillo sauce from the freezer. Tonight we're having pork chile verde quesadillas with corn tortillas, Monterey jack cheese, sour cream, guacamole, chopped romas and romaine, and Spanish rice on the side.

Well, I think I am finally over my flu, which the doctor said was complicated by a horendous asthma attack. DH has been pinch hitting as cook and has done a great job the last 3 days, but I am armed with a new inhaler and ready to create again!

Our meal tonight is meatless. We'll be enjoying leek quiche and French onion soup. Dessert will be mini chocolate cupcakes with mint-chocolate Hershey kisses on top.

Sounds like we are both going meatless and "leeky"! :LOL:

We are having Mac and Cheese with Leeks and Gorgonzola. I actually do it my own way, but this is fairly close. I am using Radiatore pasta instead of penne, just 'cause I feel like it. I am going meatless for my sake but one border prefers meat to anything else so I will warm a leftover pork chop for him. I will serve a salad with raspberry balsamic vinigrette and some fresh baked buns.

We're having Seafood Minestrone. The recipe was posted here by someone quite awhile ago. Wish I could remember who it was. I would PM him or her about how much we have enjoyed this soup. We'll have a salad and store bought artisan bread.

Happy Anniversary Kitchenelf..

We are having noodles with red chili sauce, spring rolls and shrimp wontons. May add some chicken somewhere.

Tonight french onion soup, and blt's with added extra's, sliced avocado and apple and some provolone cheese, lettuce..on some wonderful large Kaiser rolls instead of bread...a few stuffed onion, and dessert, a banana cream pie for DH...

kadesma:)

I guess it will be a ribeye on the grill, but probably not for a couple hours (not until it thaws :rolleyes:). Also some asparagus I had frozen and keep forgetting about. Maybe my loaf of bread will be done by then, too. I've been meaning to try cooking (toasting?) a slice of bread in some olive oil and garlic in a fry pan..... I think I saw Emeril do it once. Oh, and a baked potato done on the grill.

Happy anniversary kitchenelf :)
but what did you mean you had "reservations" about it?
:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom