"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 07-23-2008, 01:35 AM   #31
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
Ahhh!!! So I am not the only one that occasionally starts jonesing for some KFC?? LOL.

Out of curiosity, have any of you ever brought home KFC extra crispy, coated it with your favorite BBQ sauce, then baked for about 10 minutes in the oven at 350F to thicken the sauce and 'bake' it into the crust??
Yum!!

No, I haven't. Great idea. I will have to try that next time I have leftovers. Thanks.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:33 AM   #32
Head Chef

we were invited by my sis in law.she is a great cook.we had lamb meatballs and boiled egg curry,chicken curry and chickpea rice.fresh mangoes for dessert.its mango season here,and they sweeter than honey.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:00 AM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
Ahhh!!! So I am not the only one that occasionally starts jonesing for some KFC?? LOL.

Out of curiosity, have any of you ever brought home KFC extra crispy, coated it with your favorite BBQ sauce, then baked for about 10 minutes in the oven at 350F to thicken the sauce and 'bake' it into the crust??
Yum!!
Are you kidding? Fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy are major comfort food for me, and I haven't made fried chicken in years because it's so messy.

I like that idea of coating it with BBQ sauce and baking - sounds delish! I'll have to try it.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #34
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
This sounds really good, and it will be a great way to use some of my tomatoes that are starting to ripen and basil that is getting big - I just printed it out.

Tonight we're having a pasta salad with imitation crab, green onions and cucumbers, and a caprese salad on the side. We'll probably be having that a lot for the next couple of months or so
It was really good....I made a few adjustments in the recipe to suit our tastes but I'd def. make it again and again.
I know what you mean I've been searching for all kinds of various dishes. My tomatoes are about to all ripen and I have basil out of the ying yang so lots of Italian dishes will be being served this summer......love it!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #35
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Are you kidding? Fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy are major comfort food for me, and I haven't made fried chicken in years because it's so messy.

I like that idea of coating it with BBQ sauce and baking - sounds delish! I'll have to try it.
We love it that way! We had a guy just down the road that ran a pizza/sub/chicken restaurant that did it that way and it was the best. Unfortunately he decided to retire and the new owners converted it to a pizza/taqueria and don't do the subs or chicken anymore. The subs were huge and full of fresh veggies very good.
I cheat and use KFC to make it, but I bet it would be real good with homemade fried chicken.
And fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy are a huge comfort food for me too. The kids all ways know when I order it, "Oh, Daddy wants his comfort food tonight!" LOL.