Dinner Tues, July 22nd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally got my flank steak thawed and am using it tonight!!!! I know I have said that so many times.

It is marinating in red wine vinegar, soy sauce, onion, garlic, rosemary, olive oil, and s & p. Then I will grill it, slice it thin and serve it over greens with a red onion vineagrette and baked potatoes.

Beer Butt Chicken (Blame Suzi for me changing the name, LOL), stuffing, green beans, home-made bread. For dessert some Honey Dew.

Thanks, Buddy. It was.
That thread a few days ago had me hankerin' for some in a big way :)
It was all I could do, when leaving the grocery store today, to pick up a "Royale with cheese" instead of KFC for the ride home :-p

Thanks, Buddy. It was.
That thread a few days ago had me hankerin' for some in a big way :)
It was all I could do, when leaving the grocery store today, to pick up a "Royale with cheese" instead of KFC for the ride home :-p

OOOO KFC sounds so good!!!!!
Leftovers weren't very appetizing to me tonight so I didn't eat much, and I swear that sounds so good I am about to wake up the kids and go get my chicken on!!! :pig::ohmy:

Ahhh!!! So I am not the only one that occasionally starts jonesing for some KFC?? LOL.

Out of curiosity, have any of you ever brought home KFC extra crispy, coated it with your favorite BBQ sauce, then baked for about 10 minutes in the oven at 350F to thicken the sauce and 'bake' it into the crust??
Yum!!

Dinner out tonite: minestone; house salad w/blue cheese dressing; spaghetti and meatballs/sauce; vanilla ice cream for dessert

Fettuccine with porcini mushrooms, button mushrooms, shallots and garlic, served with Parmigiano Reggiano. Green salad on the side. Individual chocolate cream pies for dessert.

Ahhh!!! So I am not the only one that occasionally starts jonesing for some KFC?? LOL.

Out of curiosity, have any of you ever brought home KFC extra crispy, coated it with your favorite BBQ sauce, then baked for about 10 minutes in the oven at 350F to thicken the sauce and 'bake' it into the crust??
Yum!!

No, I haven't. Great idea. I will have to try that next time I have leftovers. Thanks.:chef:

we were invited by my sis in law.she is a great cook.we had lamb meatballs and boiled egg curry,chicken curry and chickpea rice.fresh mangoes for dessert.its mango season here,and they sweeter than honey.

Yum!!

Are you kidding? Fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy are major comfort food for me, and I haven't made fried chicken in years because it's so messy.

I like that idea of coating it with BBQ sauce and baking - sounds delish! I'll have to try it.

This sounds really good, and it will be a great way to use some of my tomatoes that are starting to ripen and basil that is getting big - I just printed it out.

Tonight we're having a pasta salad with imitation crab, green onions and cucumbers, and a caprese salad on the side. We'll probably be having that a lot for the next couple of months or so ;)

It was really good....I made a few adjustments in the recipe to suit our tastes but I'd def. make it again and again.
I know what you mean I've been searching for all kinds of various dishes. My tomatoes are about to all ripen and I have basil out of the ying yang so lots of Italian dishes will be being served this summer......love it!

Are you kidding? Fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy are major comfort food for me, and I haven't made fried chicken in years because it's so messy.

I like that idea of coating it with BBQ sauce and baking - sounds delish! I'll have to try it.

We love it that way! We had a guy just down the road that ran a pizza/sub/chicken restaurant that did it that way and it was the best. Unfortunately he decided to retire and the new owners converted it to a pizza/taqueria and don't do the subs or chicken anymore. The subs were huge and full of fresh veggies very good.
I cheat and use KFC to make it, but I bet it would be real good with homemade fried chicken.
And fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy are a huge comfort food for me too. The kids all ways know when I order it, "Oh, Daddy wants his comfort food tonight!" LOL.

Back
Top Bottom