Dinner, Tues. Nov.13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Attempting one of the many meatloaf recipes on here, I want to adapt one, whichever one, with one of the suggested glazes.
I've decided on one that gets many rave reviews and it's just impossible to not make it due to those reviews. But if it's a bad decision made in haste, if I do do it and don't like it, I'll be posting that too. I don't have the bell peppa's called for, but that's okay, while defrosting the meats, I'll go buy one.
Oven roasted red new potatoes and brussels sprouts in garlic/olive oil/rosemary/fleur de sal/medley peppercorns. Basic green salad with yard tomatoes and lemon viniagrette. Scottish shortbread, Colorado bulldog for dh and iced tea for me.

Last edited:
i think i'm grilling tonight. pork tenderloins, one in a rub, another teryaki.

i'll also grill some onions, along with a coupla of the last remaining peppers from the garden.

maybe some chicken, rubbed with paprika, s&p, and onion powder. possibly i'll make some chunks rubbed in evoo, skewered on rosemary.

i'm into this skewering thing lately. :chef:

I really want French onion soup... but... since I'm working today. It'll be pork chops and salad.

Soup will have to wait for another day.

I'm roasting a big fat chicken in my new Nesco roaster as a trial run for next week's Thanksgiving turkey. Hopefully, if anything needs fine tuning, I'll get it figured out by then... I'm going to try putting potatoes, onions and carrots around the chicken and see how that goes.

We're leftover-stretching here tonight, too!:rolleyes: DH will be home late so rather than cooking something new, we'll just finish up the bbq chicken and hashbrown casserole from Sunday. If it looks like we'll be short on hashbrowns, I'll pop a sweet potato in the oven for dd. Dessert will be rest of her b-day cake from over the weekend.

Had some frozen puff pastry so I dug that out and am making some sauted mushrooms,onions,garlic,parsley,in evoo and butter then will put it on the pastry with some fontina cheese and make like a strudel with it...A green salad and artichokes and rice pudding for dessert.
kadesma:)

After having potato soup and chili for the past few days I went with something lighter. Shrimp Paulista served over basmati rice, green salad, and sliced alvacado.

Chicken and apple sausage mixed with egg, peppers and onions on a roll with a side salad.

We're having fried grouper sandwiches if Kim gets to feeling better. That bang on the head and the fall onto the concrete really did a number on his back.
If not, I'll pick the roast chicken carcass, and make some chicken salad or something.
We can always save the grouper for lunch. That's the nice thing about being retired.

I spent 3 hrs at the Drs/pharmacy so it's canned ravioli with left over steamed rice.

Trying to eat a little less beef(I love beef!!) I popped some boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the grill(healthy protein??).

Not wanting boring chicken I brought out my bottle of basil/sun dried tomato olive oil. Wow, did that kick up the flavor. Pretty tasty stuff.....

I picked the bottle of flavored oil up as a bread dip but it sure works great for grilling....

I also love those new Birdseye steam in the bag microwave veggies... Just pop the bag in and out comes terrific steamed vegetables.... Tonight--Peas with butter(ok, healthy choice butter).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom