Dinner tuesday 1/2/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
urmaniac13 said:
Aaaargh CJ, your scallops are having me drooling... they are so expensive here I haven't had them for years now... I really miss them!!

Apart from the leftover homemade cotechino from the New Years eve, I would like to try a new version of rice salad, with avocado, smoked salmon, and robiola/mayo/dill/lemon dressing. We couldn't resist the smoke salmon on sale the other day, 11€ a kilo!! Well it came in an entire 1kg package so we have to consume them rather in a hurry, but I am not complaining at all they are so good!!:rolleyes:
Licia,
scallops are expensive everywhere, we don't have them often and it's just me,DH and one kid and DH and two grankids, who do NOT like much in the way of fish..I think you could make an appy out of say 4-6 of them instead of them being the main entree..In fact if not so expensive I would love to have a seafood appy more often.
I don't care for fresh salmon, but smoked is wonderful. My daughter had a pasta with smoked salmon as her entree on the cruise and I tasted it and it was realy good. More of a creamy white lemony sauce with pasta and good sized pieces of salmon, very nice.
I like your idea for rice salad, I think I prefer rice to just about any starch..I could have it 2-4 times a week and not get tired of it.

kadesma:)

Flank steak stir fried with lemongrass, garlic, ginger, kaffir lime, serrano chile and green beans. Basmati rice on the side.

Shrimp salad that I made yesterday afternoon, served on avocado slices, drizzled with lime juice and a bit of chopped cilantro.

We had blackend chicken quesidilla's with smoked gouda topped with corn and blackbean salsa, Tasy but man, those scallops:clap:That sounds wonderful! I WILL have to try that!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom