"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-02-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Dinner tuesday 1/2/07

rattle those pots and pans!

tonight will be Thai green curry with chicken and sticky rice.

over to you...

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

{[{[{[rattling]}]}]}]

i'm gonna make escarole e fagiole, and i'll probably make cubed veal steak sandwiches.

nnnnnnnnnnnext.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #3
Master Chef

at Goodweed's house (that's me ) we're gonna be using up left-overs from New year's Eve. Seems we had more food than we needed, like 2 lbs. freshly cleaned shrimp that haven't yet been cooked, and the ingredients for my World Famous, made from scratch Egg-Rolls with Pineapple Sweet and Sour sauce. Add to that a bit of very creamy cheesecake, to which I added blueberry extract, and I think I, my DW, and my DD and SOL will have full bellies tonight.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #4
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
{[{[{[rattling]}]}]}]

i'm gonna make escarole e fagiole, and i'll probably make cubed veal steak sandwiches.

nnnnnnnnnnnext.
I think he means tube steaks (hot dogs) with canned beans. We all know that people on the East Coast are cullinarily deprived. .

But seriously Bucky, when it's all done, could you just package up some of that wonderful food with some dry ice and send it winging my way? Tell you what, you give me your recipes and I'll give you mine.

Seeeeeeya; Your most notorious buddy on DC, Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Old 01-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
{[{[{[rattling]}]}]}]

nnnnnnnnnnnext.
He means tube steak with Canned beans. We all know that New Yorkers and Jersey folks can only make Coney Dogs.

But seriously BT, I'll send you my recipes if you send me yours. Your supper sounds really good, and I know you know how to cook.

Seeeeeeeya; Your most notorious buddy on DC, Goodweed of the North

Old 01-02-2007, 01:05 PM   #6
Head Chef

I'm roasting an Amish chicken with roast veggies. Maybe a tossed salad also.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:12 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to stinemates Send a message via MSN to stinemates Send a message via Yahoo to stinemates Send a message via Skype™ to stinemates
I was on a cooking rampage this weekend, and as such, we have way too many leftovers for me to cook tonight.

However, my MIL and SIL are coming over for the evening, so I may have to prepare something to keep their belly's full.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #8
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
We're having pinto beans cooked with the 2 pork chops that I didn't cook last night & cornbread. On the side we'll have squash pickles & hot chow chow.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

lol gw, i cook family style, which means i can't seem to make things in small amounts, so i'd love to send some food to you. i can't fit any more in the freezer.

my wife makes regular cubed beefsteak sandwiches better than i do. what she does goes against everything i've learned, (lower temp and covering the pan should toughen the meat by steaming it), but hers come out so much more tender than mine. so i bought cubed veal steaks, and i'm gonna make those with melted 2 y.o sharp cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, sauteed criminis, and onions on fresh portugese rolls. i hope the veal is tender.

the 'shcarole and bean soup is souper easy to make if you use canned stuff.

brown a head of chopped garlic (yes, an entire peeled and rough chopped bulb) and a diced onion in a large stock pot in evoo, add a large head of washed and chopped escarole, a coupla cans of washed cannelini beans, and cover with a coupla cans of chicken stock and a cup or so of water. bring to a boil, then simmer a few minutes until the beans are tender and the 'shcarole wilted. ladle soup into bowls, and shave (not grate) a healthy amount of locatelli or grana padano cheese over top.

gw, i would still like to know where i might be able to buy one of your cookbooks. i know you like to keep low key about it, but i'm sure lots of us here would love a copy.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Stew beef or venison...which ever I grab from the freezer.