Dinner tuesday 1/2/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YT2095

Executive Chef
rattle those pots and pans! :chef:

tonight will be Thai green curry with chicken and sticky rice.

over to you...

{[{[{[rattling]}]}]}]

i'm gonna make escarole e fagiole, and i'll probably make cubed veal steak sandwiches.

nnnnnnnnnnnext.​

at Goodweed's house (that's me :blush: ) we're gonna be using up left-overs from New year's Eve. Seems we had more food than we needed, like 2 lbs. freshly cleaned shrimp that haven't yet been cooked, and the ingredients for my World Famous, made from scratch Egg-Rolls with Pineapple Sweet and Sour sauce. Add to that a bit of very creamy cheesecake, to which I added blueberry extract, and I think I, my DW, and my DD and SOL will have full bellies tonight.:)

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

buckytom said:
{[{[{[rattling]}]}]}]​

i'm gonna make escarole e fagiole, and i'll probably make cubed veal steak sandwiches.​

nnnnnnnnnnnext.​
I think he means tube steaks (hot dogs) with canned beans. We all know that people on the East Coast are cullinarily deprived.:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: .

But seriously Bucky, when it's all done, could you just package up some of that wonderful food with some dry ice and send it winging my way? Tell you what, you give me your recipes and I'll give you mine.

Seeeeeeya; Your most notorious buddy on DC, Goodweed of the North

buckytom said:
{[{[{[rattling]}]}]}]​

i'm gonna make escarole e fagiole, and i'll probably make cubed veal steak sandwiches.​

nnnnnnnnnnnext.​
He means tube steak with Canned beans. We all know that New Yorkers and Jersey folks can only make Coney Dogs.:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

But seriously BT, I'll send you my recipes if you send me yours. Your supper sounds really good, and I know you know how to cook.:chef:

Seeeeeeeya; Your most notorious buddy on DC, Goodweed of the North

I'm roasting an Amish chicken with roast veggies. Maybe a tossed salad also.

I was on a cooking rampage this weekend, and as such, we have way too many leftovers for me to cook tonight.

However, my MIL and SIL are coming over for the evening, so I may have to prepare something to keep their belly's full.

We're having pinto beans cooked with the 2 pork chops that I didn't cook last night & cornbread. On the side we'll have squash pickles & hot chow chow.

lol gw, i cook family style, which means i can't seem to make things in small amounts, so i'd love to send some food to you. i can't fit any more in the freezer.

my wife makes regular cubed beefsteak sandwiches better than i do. what she does goes against everything i've learned, (lower temp and covering the pan should toughen the meat by steaming it), but hers come out so much more tender than mine. so i bought cubed veal steaks, and i'm gonna make those with melted 2 y.o sharp cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, sauteed criminis, and onions on fresh portugese rolls. i hope the veal is tender.

the 'shcarole and bean soup is souper easy to make if you use canned stuff.

brown a head of chopped garlic (yes, an entire peeled and rough chopped bulb) and a diced onion in a large stock pot in evoo, add a large head of washed and chopped escarole, a coupla cans of washed cannelini beans, and cover with a coupla cans of chicken stock and a cup or so of water. bring to a boil, then simmer a few minutes until the beans are tender and the 'shcarole wilted. ladle soup into bowls, and shave (not grate) a healthy amount of locatelli or grana padano cheese over top.

gw, i would still like to know where i might be able to buy one of your cookbooks. i know you like to keep low key about it, but i'm sure lots of us here would love a copy.

Hi, I haven't been with the group for long so I don't know if I can ask for recipes. But how do you prepare your squash pickles & hot chow chow? It sounds like it would go great with my black eye peas.

Thanks.

Last edited:
We're having Burgundy Pork Tenderloin, Homemade Mac & Cheese, Steamed Brocolli, and I may make some Rosemary Biscuits if the kids will let me stay in the kitchen.

Were going to have some scallops that i'm marinating in evoo, lemon juice and a small pinch of cayenne. Then I plan to wrap the marinated scallops in prosciutto,fresh basil leaves after rolling the edges in cracked black pepper and lemon zest. I'm making a mayo/lemon dunking sauce for them Then,brush with more evoo and put in oven on a rack at 450 for about 3 min., twice baked potatoes, spinach wilted with evoo and garlic, and baked apples with creme anglaise..
kadesma:)

kadesma,

Won't the scallops be partialy cooked since they're marinating in acid (lemon juice)? Or is that why you have some evoo in there to cut it?

Tonight I eat stupid fish sticks (-_-); Heh I figure they need to be eaten sometime... Blech, such an end of the month food : P

I've wasted so much food since it was the holidays, always eating at so and so's house... not much time to use leftovers : P Now my fridge looks pitiful :LOL:

Last edited:
Aaaargh CJ, your scallops are having me drooling... they are so expensive here I haven't had them for years now... I really miss them!!

Apart from the leftover homemade cotechino from the New Years eve, I would like to try a new version of rice salad, with avocado, smoked salmon, and robiola/mayo/dill/lemon dressing. We couldn't resist the smoke salmon on sale the other day, 11€ a kilo!! Well it came in an entire 1kg package so we have to consume them rather in a hurry, but I am not complaining at all they are so good!!:rolleyes:

stinemates said:
kadesma,

Won't the scallops be partialy cooked since they're marinating in acid (lemon juice)? Or is that why you have some evoo in there to cut it?
The scallops won't go into the marinade til just about 10-15 min. before I get ready to cook them..I was going to do them earlier and decided to just wait so the partial cooking wouldn't happen..I'd imagine they would be ruined if marinated to long.
kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom