Dinner, Tuesday, 10-16-07.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
whatcha cookin' tonight?

i'm going to try to make a lasagna, if i have time. i have a half of a leftover roast chicken that needs to be eaten, and some nice eggplants from the garden, so i'm thinking of shredding the chicken, slicing and sauteeing the eggplant with some garlic, and making a chicken-eggplant lasagna.

chicken enchalladas. I cooked the chicken yesterday & put together and baked the enchalladas today. just have to heat it up later for dinner.

toasted cheese and onion panini breads, with locally made tomato and pork sausage, some fried onions and a slice of cheese on each with a fair helping of ketchup and mustard :)

(fancy hot dogs really).

Stuffed Shells Florentine baked with sauce and Italian sausages.

Made it yesterday to pop in the oven tonight after work.

Lee

Today is our "fright night" so it will be italian sausages, pan fried potatoes and peas. Quick, simple and tasty.

was lucky enough to bring home some lovely butter from work, Echire. I'll melt a stick, rub down a big clucker with it along with sage leaves and cracked confetti pepper corns and roast it till golden brown. with that'll be barley/brown rice/vermicelli pilaf in chicken broth and peas and a medley of sliced yard tomatoes with basil.

Pan fried Salmon, brown rice.

Got a big bunch of celery today with the most enormous bunch of leaves on it. May do something with that (*looks for inspiration*)

Pan fried Salmon, brown rice.

Got a big bunch of celery today with the most enormous bunch of leaves on it. May do something with that (*looks for inspiration*)

I actually did this:

- Cooked the rice
- Sauted a small onion in EVOO for a couple of mins, added one chopped Courgette and fried for another few mins.
- Added about 6 chopped celery sticks and 1 chopped apple, cooking for a couple of mins.
- Added a handful of toasted cashew nuts (browned before hand in a hot pan)
- Seasoned and then added to the cooked rice.

Ended up as a kind of stir-fry Waldord salad. Kind of :-p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom