Dinner Tuesday, 11-10-2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed.

$13 a pound for sirloin! Wow! Can't remember the last time I paid that much for beef.

It's expensive by the pound, I know. I'll definitely stretch it out to make two, maybe 3 servings around other parts of a meal. At $7 per pound (buy one get one free), it was a score. It was a good day of shopping, me also getting super thin slices of Bottom Round roast at $5.00 a pound, to make beef jerky. I drove out looking for that. If this Bottom Round batch comes out good, then forget all that buying a roast and slicing it myself hassle, lol. I bought one of those stainless steel slicers with a knife guide for cutting jerky meat off roasts. It's not that great. I got it off eBay for $35. Now it's on eBay. I have a small old plastic Krupps meat slicer, but forget that too! This Mexican oriented supermarket (spanish music going) must have patrons who use super thinly sliced Bottom Round roasts in Mexican cuisine is my guess.

It makes jerky ready to marinate, no messy slicing. I cut the thin slabs into 2" slices for drying purposes, but left a couple of big thin slabs to see how they turn out.

Oh Oh! Plus...one of the supermarkets had little 8 oz. plastic shaped jugs of Aus Jus liquid. $2.29, called Johnny's.. The dry mix..$1.79, but you have to mix it up in a saucepan. Campbell used to have Au Jus in their soup line decades ago, $0.79 a can.

Last edited:
I did a beer butt chicken, nearly 5lbs, blasted in the "convection roast" oven setting at 425 degrees for an hour. I seasoned it with the Hawaiian Seasoning Salt, containing vinegar/garlic/peppers. Gosh it was so good! Salads for both of us and Tater Tots for the SC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom