Dinner Tuesday, 11-28-2017 ~ It's Suppertime, yes it's sup-per-time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A new, fresh turkey dinner. I've defrosted my turkey breasts and thighs and will be roasting them. I have bread cubes for stuffing. There will be pilaf and butternut squash.

Skinless bone-in chicken thighs braised with tomatoes and onions in the multi cooker in slow cook mode, served over polenta, nuked broc. The onions were sauteed in some diced bacon in the multi cooker before adding the rest of the ingredients, so the house has a pleasant bacon aroma.

CG, I put that butternut squash soup recipe in my faves. It sounds (and looks) delicious! Thank you for posting the link.

Dinner is slow cooking in the Nesco as I type. Chuck roasts were on sale yesterday for $3.79/lb so I got one. Should have gotten two! :wacko: I'm going back to the store tomorrow morning while the sale is still on and get another one....or two.

I cubed the roast, whisked together a blend of soy sauce, ground ginger, garlic, a little sugar and a little veg oil, poured it over the cubed roast and it's all getting happy in the Nesco on slow-cook. Smells sooo good in here. :yum:

Side will be steamed green beans with sautéed mushrooms.

I picked up some fresh Boudin while I was in Port Arthur. It is not from Nick's Grocery -- it finally closed down a year or two back. But, it is fresh, and should be good.

CD

TJ's steak burrito topped with crema and TJ's salsa verde.. Shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes and black olives with a chipotle vinaigrette..

TJ's Pumpkin Chai Spice Loaf for later...

I am so going to miss TJ's when I leave Cali.. :(

Ross

....dinner is slow cooking in the Nesco as I type. Chuck roasts were on sale yesterday for $3.79/lb so I got one. Should have gotten two! :wacko: I'm going back to the store tomorrow morning while the sale is still on and get another one....or two.

I cubed the roast, whisked together a blend of soy sauce, ground ginger, garlic, a little sugar and a little veg oil, poured it over the cubed roast and it's all getting happy in the Nesco on slow-cook. Smells sooo good in here. :yum:

Side will be steamed green beans with sautéed mushrooms.

Delish comfort food this evening. The chuck roast was fork tender, and I made a little pan gravy with the drippin's. Topped with chives from my little patio garden. :yum:

Attachments

• slow cooked chuck roast and gravy over rice.jpg
    slow cooked chuck roast and gravy over rice.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 154
Salisbury steak, jazzed up mashed potatoes, steamed mixed fresh veggies and onion gravy.

salisbury_steak_112817_IMG_3463.jpg

TJ's steak burrito topped with crema and TJ's salsa verde.. Shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes and black olives with a chipotle vinaigrette..

TJ's Pumpkin Chai Spice Loaf for later...

I am so going to miss TJ's when I leave Cali.. :(

Ross

Ross, there are a few in MO, but not sure if they're anywhere near where you are relocating.

I'm in CA, but the closest TJ's is nearly 200 miles round trip from out here in the boonies, so I don't get there often. May as well be in another state. :(

CG, I put that butternut squash soup recipe in my faves. It sounds (and looks) delicious! Thank you for posting the link...
The verdict is...omit the onion. Rather than enhancing the flavor, it detracted from the soup. As much as Himself loves onion, even he said I should skip it next time. It might be oh-kay to use a small amount of Vidalia, but a medium-sized yellow onion was overwhelming. Other than that, this is a repeat recipe.

BTW, I grated a bit of nutmeg into the soup, and also added a bit as a garnish. The soup seemed to ask for it. I also didn't have creme fraiche, so I just drizzled a little of the heavy cream that was left in the carton.

Attachments

• 20171128_210443.jpg
    20171128_210443.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 20171128_210933.jpg
    20171128_210933.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 123
Ross, there are a few in MO, but not sure if they're anywhere near where you are relocating.

I'm in CA, but the closest TJ's is nearly 200 miles round trip from out here in the boonies, so I don't get there often. May as well be in another state. :(

Yeah... Nearest to where I'll be is 2 1/2 hours north and another 3 1/2 hours east.. Doubt I will be visiting either of them often... :(

Poor me, poor me... :rolleyes:

The good news is that Aldi's is very big where I'll be.. My daughter, who is a big fan of TJ's, loves Aldi's. According to her, it is a very well organized chain.. So, that might well work for me.. (the glass is half full, the glass is half full.. ;))

Ross

The nearest one to me is a half hour drive away with tolls each way. There's nothing there I can't do without.

I totally understand. In fact, there are few "stores" in which there is anything I can't do without.

The concept of TJ's is fun shopping with good pricing.. It isn't for everyone but, people like me (whatever that means) love TJ's... :)

Ross

We had scrambled eggs & bacon, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, & cheese toast. She had a blueberry muffin for dessert, I had blueberry yogurt.

I totally understand. In fact, there are few "stores" in which there is anything I can't do without.

The concept of TJ's is fun shopping with good pricing.. It isn't for everyone but, people like me (whatever that means) love TJ's... [emoji2]

I know, it's kind of a cult ;)

I should say, there's nothing there I can't get in my town at as good or better prices. Salsa verde, Asian and Indian simmer sauces, interesting cheeses - they're all available here. We don't eat a lot of snacks. More than once, I've walked through TJ's (when I was out that way for something else) and ended up with just a few items in my cart.

We buy most of our groceries and prescriptions at Kroger, so we build up fuel points and get sometimes huge savings on gasoline - like less than 99 cents a gallon one month last summer. My husband goes and fills up his F-150 and two gas cans, then fills my car, the lawnmower and (if needed) the generator from the cans. We manage [emoji2]

Back
Top Bottom