Dinner Tuesday 12th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's happened again! lol!

Were having Beef Schnitzel with watercress, baby butter lettuce, thin strips of carrot and beets, snap peas, vine ripened tomatoes and torn fresh mozza balls.

Sorry to break the trend, ladies, but I am NOT having beef schnitzel. Not that it isn't a good thing, just not on the menu for today (it is today by 2 minutes here!)

I am making a pasta dish with tomatoes, zucchini, mild Italian sausage (gluten free) and roasted garlic.

I am going to serve it with a spinach salad and gluten/dairy-free garlic bread. :)

Sorry to break the trend, ladies, but I am NOT having beef schnitzel. Not that it isn't a good thing, just not on the menu for today (it is today by 2 minutes here!)

I am making a pasta dish with tomatoes, zucchini, mild Italian sausage (gluten free) and roasted garlic.

I am going to serve it with a spinach salad and gluten/dairy-free garlic bread. :)

We'll let you off the hook but only this once! :LOL:

Your pasta sounds delicious :yum:

I have a lot of minced garlic simmered in butter leftover from last night's wings. I'm going to toss that with some spaghetti and maybe some Snow's clams if I have a can.

Super secret dinner just for me tonight. Bout time I know.:LOL:

I took a steak out to defrost in the back of the freezer last night. Out of everyone's sight. You know the best one, nice, thick, aged well. I'll make a small slit on the side stuff it with red, yellow bell peppers. Give it a light seasoning. Make a nice herbed butter,then grill it. Have a baked spud and salad.

Keep this quiet my secret Squirrel friends. If the pack finds out I won't get dinner or any peace time tonight. They will forget that they have made other plans and stay home! So shhhhh :angel:

Munky.

I'm thinking of chicken wings for the main dish. Not sure what we'll do for sides. Maybe warm up the mac and cheese and corn pudding.

I couldn't way for the spring thaw. Oven baked spare ribs, cabbage salad ( not cole slaw) and a pan of corn bread when the ribs come out of the oven.

A BLT -- several strips of Wright's Applewood Smoked bacon, sliced heirloom Cherokee tomato, mixed greens on toasted rye with Hellman's. Diced & nuked home-grown zucchini w/butter. A Valentine's leftover Lindt truffle ball for dessert.

We're having one of our favorite sandwiches tonight. My DW found some really great pita bread, that when cut in half, makes two beautiful, and tasty pockets. We stuff it with thin sliced chicken that I fry up fresh, bean sprouts, avocado, and sliced tomato, with mayo as the dressing. This sandwich is even better with thin-sliced, medium rare sirloin, cut against the grain. Don't have any of that right now, so the chicken will be great. I'll season mine separate from DW's to get more flavor.:yum:

This sandwich is also great if you substitute EVO for the mayo. I'll do that in my pita-pocket tonight.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief, that's how I like to enjoy grilled Greek-style chicken with tzatziki.

Haven't decided what to make for dinner. Could be spaghetti with meat sauce, onions and bell peppers or could be sloppy Joe's with onions and bell peppers. Need to use those bell peppers :)

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 162
Back
Top Bottom