Dinner Tuesday 13th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Goat Kebaaaaabs! With homemade Tzatziki Sauce and Greek Salad. Now what kind of wine does one serve with goat? We had a South African Cabernet blend (this one is for Snip).

img_1206017_0_6a331cae8a668e27539e274601278de9.jpg

img_1206017_1_eab713407a1e281a5f782a25b67aedf7.jpg

Steve Kroll said:
Goat Kebaaaaabs! With homemade Tzatziki Sauce and Greek Salad. Now what kind of wine does one serve with goat? We had a South African Cabernet blend (this one is for Snip).

Total yumness, Steve!

Steve, that meal looks wonderful. Actually, I've never had goat. Does it taste like lamb? I love lamb. Do you cook it to well done, or like I like my lamb..med rare? Does goat have a strong flavor? So many questions, huh?

Steve, that meal looks wonderful. Actually, I've never had goat. Does it taste like lamb? I love lamb. Do you cook it to well done, or like I like my lamb..med rare? Does goat have a strong flavor? So many questions, huh?
Goat tastes like meat. :LOL: I find it less distinctive than lamb.

I am too busy and stressed to cook. Stirling just got home, so we ordered from Mr. Falafel - one combo platter and one falafel platter, with tabbouleh instead of one of the regular salads (iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, restaurant-made salad dressing). There was also the standard accompaniments: pickled turnip, pickled pepper, aioli, hummus, and pita. I do love Middle Eastern food. That really hit the spot.

I planned part of tonight's dinner early, I took a slice of cooked prime rib out of the freezer last night. I'll give it a couple turns on the grill to warm through and serve it with... :huh:
Hey, it's too early here to have everything planned! :LOL:
What everything? Prime rib should be enough. :LOL:

I fixed some green beans sauteed in bacon renderings and a mushroom au gratin to go along with my steak. Total bliss right now.

Hah! There's always something, Taxy ;)

Last edited:
Get the Saki :w00t: And while you are at it, make me some Sushi too :LOL:
I live far from the ocean, this is about how close I get to decent Sushi lately .....................

The Parktown Prawn :LOL:

ParktownPrawn_Large.jpg

That's a freakin' cootie. Don't mess with us Snippy, we have your number. ;)

Here is my appetizer for tonight. I'm still workin' on the main course (and no, there's are no bugs involved). You eat cootie??? Yuck!!!

My appetizer offering for tonight is tuna sashimi. I still have plenty of tuna and some crab and avocado so anything goes. Got the sushi rice already cooked, got the nori, got my makisu already to rock 'n roll. I'm divided, should I make the spicy tuna roll next, or the California roll? Probably the tuna since it's raw and the crab will cooperate another day or two.

So, spicy tuna roll next, home made mayonnaise... :)

Last edited:
Here is my appetizer for tonight. I'm still workin' on the main course (and no, there's are no bugs involved). You eat cootie??? Yuck!!!

My appetizer offering for tonight is tuna sashimi. I still have plenty of tuna and some crab and avocado so anything goes. Got the sushi rice already cooked, got the nori, got my makisu already to rock 'n roll. I'm divided, should I make the spicy tuna roll next, or the California roll? Probably the tuna since it's raw and the crab will cooperate another day or two.

So, spicy tuna roll next, home made mayonnaise... :)

Your dinner looks Yum! Nope I don't eat bugs, that's my pet :LOL:

I took an inter course break (no don't be silly that isn't what it sounds like), and then made my spicy tuna roll:

spicy_tuna_roll.jpg

That's home made mayonnaise spiced with Sriracha sauce (and the pristine tuna of course), and I added some sesame seed and Tobiko caviar to top 'em off.

It was good, I just don't have the appetite for the Cali rolls.

I took an inter course break (no don't be silly that isn't what it sounds like), and then made my spicy tuna roll:

spicy_tuna_roll.jpg

That's home made mayonnaise spiced with Sriracha sauce (and the pristine tuna of course), and I added some sesame seed and Tobiko caviar to top 'em off.

It was good, I just don't have the appetite for the Cali rolls.

Oh boy, I want sushi :( Haven't had sushi in over a year!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom