Dinner Tuesday 15th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kylie, snip, k-t-h, and barbara, your dinners sound really good. :yum:

even though i gained back a few of the pounds i lost since october, i treated myself to unhealthy takeout chinese last night. i begin the veggie diet again today.

i had a 1/2 deep fried chicken smothered in chinese hot sauce, and veggie fried rice. :pig:

my "dinner" when i go home in a few minutes will be a slice or two of thin crust veggie pizza, and some carrots, celery, and hummus.

Tacos

Attachments

• tacos 1-15-13.jpg
    tacos 1-15-13.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 192

even though i gained back a few of the pounds i lost since october, i treated myself to unhealthy takeout chinese last night. i begin the veggie diet again today.

i had a 1/2 deep fried chicken smothered in chinese hot sauce, and veggie fried rice. :pig:

my "dinner" when i go home in a few minutes will be a slice or two of thin crust veggie pizza, and some carrots, celery, and hummus.

Thank you Tom :) Your veggie pizza and celery with hummus sound great too!
Don't like chicken though :angel:

Thank you Kylie :) I've got the curry in the oven now. I used baby potatoes, tomato and onion, chopped green beans and carrots. Kept it basic. Only used veg that can cook for a long time.

I find that simple is often the best :)

Thank you Tom, the chicken pesto worked out well :)

Loving the sound of the chinese :yum:

Your welcome Pac :)

We like beef tacos and chicken tacos, but have not tried pork ones as yet....must do that :)

I made some pork tacos a year ago, or I guess it would be a couple years ago now... Korean style tacos with kogi bbq sauce or something like that. Pretty tasty. I just picked up some Korean chili paste a couple weeks ago to make them again soon. That's the only time I've had pork in tacos and I liked it.

I made some pork tacos a year ago, or I guess it would be a couple years ago now... Korean style tacos with kogi bbq sauce or something like that. Pretty tasty. I just picked up some Korean chili paste a couple weeks ago to make them again soon. That's the only time I've had pork in tacos and I liked it.

Yum, Pac. Pork is a staple in Mexican tacos, more common than beef. Both the Yucatan and the Mayan (pibil) styles are awesome, as are most of the others we've had in Mexico.

Yum, Pac. Pork is a staple in Mexican tacos, more common than beef. Both the Yucatan and the Mayan (pibil) styles are awesome, as are most of the others we've had in Mexico.

For as much as I eat pork in other forms I'm surprised I don't use it more in tacos. Those tacos have been on my shortlist for a while now... heartburn be danged :LOL:

Good idea! I M Baker posted a lovely looking taco recipe yesterday.

dawg, how are mayan and yucatan styles differentiated? i'm not sure about their food history, but culturally they are one in the same.

i've hiked from cancun proper, to xel ha, to chichen itza, and from what i learned it was all mayan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom