Dinner Tuesday 15th of May 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am heading back to the house in the City today. I have chicken and shrimp in the freezer...lots of staples, frozen green beans, and there is still some rhubarb ice cream there. Not sure what I'll whip up--either grilled chicken breast or shrimp on the Barbie...

Not surprised this thread is lightly attended today since we have 3 of our "family" in the hospital! A friend from work was selling BBQ dinners for her Relay for Life team. I bought 3 so that's what we're having. The yungun and I have eaten ours and DH's is in the fridge for when he gets home from class. Pork BBQ sandwich, coleslaw, beans, dessert (I had the brownies, yungun will get the chocolate cake and DH Choc chip cookies)

Linguine and clam sauce (can't decide on red or white), lemon/parsley/garlic bread. A small salad of avocado, grape tomatoes, mozzarella cheese w/ vinaigrette dressing.

Tacos! See what you've done to me, DC? I just wanted tacos and only now realized it's Tuesday.

I love tacos in shells, or wrapped in a flour tortilla and toasted in the oven, but most of all I love having leftovers for easy to fix meals (more tacos, chili, chili mac & cheese).

Last edited:
I had planned on making spaghetti for a few days now, but for reasons beyond my control :LOL: I never got it done. I decided to make spaghetti tonight.

Then suddenly I got in the mood for tacos! :yum::yum:

A bowl of Cheerios and almond milk.

I had Lemongrass Chicken for lunch with rice balls, daikon pickles and miso soup.

I've started eating my big meal at lunch instead of dinner.

I'm about meated out. DH brought home grilled unbreaded tenderloins for lunch, and there was retirement pizza in the teacher's lounge. No tacos tonight :(

I'm making a patty melt burger on grilled caraway rye, marinated bean salad. For dessert I am putting together a rhubarb fool -- rhubarb compote, vanilla yogurt and ginger snap cookies alongside.

Shrimp scampi with roasted red tomatoes over spaghetti. Easy to cook standing up. Bending isn't fun right now.

I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so DH brought home Chinese food after teaching his class. I had won ton soup and he had fusion - egg rolls with two slices of leftover Greek pizza.

Last night was:

Grilled Porky Chops

Baked Sweety Potato.....
Fried Eggy Plant.........
Green Beany Casserole.....
Mexican Corny Bread.......
Chocolate Icy Cream.........

I had some "Flounder Stuffed with Crabmeat" left over from the other night, so I flaked it up & heated it in some melted butter, then tossed it with some chili-flavored pasta. Served with a green salad. Delicious use of leftovers! :)

Last night was:

Grilled Porky Chops

Baked Sweety Potato.....
Fried Eggy Plant.........
Green Beany Casserole.....
Mexican Corny Bread.......
Chocolate Icy Cream.........

Yum! I'm doing pork chops tonight UB. I think I might steal some of your menu. Fried eggy plant? Did you bread or just fry as is? I've never done this but would be up for trying it. Can you walk me thru it?

Back
Top Bottom