Dinner Tuesday 16th of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you going to brine them Dave? I did some a while back on the grill, and I left one unbrined for a test. Wow what an extraordinary difference!!

This casa is having Taco's tonight. :zorro: Ole'

Glad to see you found a use for the Zorro emoticon lol!

I have no ideas on dinner. I have to work late all week and won't be getting home until around 6 so I'm sort of at a loss. Had I planned ahead I could have fired up the crock pot. Maybe tomorrow!

cheese burger with pepper jack cheese. either sweet potato fries or green bean crisps. cream cheese brownies for dessert. making for the nice gentleman that takes me to the dr. guess he won't mind if i have a couple.

Are you going to brine them Dave? I did some a while back on the grill, and I left one unbrined for a test. Wow what an extraordinary difference!!

This casa is having Taco's tonight. :zorro: Ole'

Nope, no brining this evening. I'm just going to coat them with a bit of olive oil toss them on the grill with some sage or rosemary from the garden.

I may grill some banana peppers to go with them. I have a bunch more that need harvesting.

I made smoked pork German sausages on rye rolls with hot mustard and sauerkraut and a side salad of cucumber, tomato, radishes and crisp mixed baby greens with creamy mustard and balsamic dressing.

Do you make or buy Rye (hot dog) rolls? I think they would be great seeded for Hot Dogs with Sauerkraut and Mustard.:chef:

Do you make or buy Rye (hot dog) rolls? I think they would be great seeded for Hot Dogs with Sauerkraut and Mustard.:chef:
OH YEAH!! Both sound fantastic!!

Snip - Would kielbasso be the smoked sausage?

I think I'll go start my garlic heat finishing sauce for my wings.

Chicken Curry with Holy Basil (Gai Paht Bai Grapao), sticky rice, mixed fresh melons, and some sliced cukes (given that they are more prolific than zucchini ATM). Set out with some of the house nahm prik, pickled lime, and a mint chutney,

... I'm just going to coat them with a bit of olive oil toss them on the grill with some sage or rosemary from the garden.

I may grill some banana peppers to go with them. I have a bunch more that need harvesting.

Here are the results.....I used sage on some, rosemary on others and I roasted some Roma tomatoes along with the pepper. Added sliced zucchini and yellow squash as cold veg side.

Attachments

• grilledchopsNveg.jpg
    grilledchopsNveg.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
. Added sliced zucchini and yellow squash as cold veg side.

You eat zucc cold? I think I tasted squash cold once. It seemed too firm. For me anyway.

Here's my grilled wings with a garlic heat sauce I make.

Attachments

• wings 8-16-11.jpg
    wings 8-16-11.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 156
Great looking plate, Dave!
Pac, you always make the most mouth watering wings I've ever seen......you're definitely the wing king! I could sure dig into those! Tell about that sauce?

Pac, you always make the most mouth watering wings I've ever seen......you're definitely the wing king! I could sure dig into those! Tell about that sauce?

Aww, thanks, Kay :)
The sauce is something I made up a while back. It's great if you like heat with garlic flavor.

Garlic heat sauce

1/2 stick of butter
6-8 lg cloves of finely chopped garlic (about 4-6 TBS)
2 TBS of sriracha
2 TBS Franks red hot
2 TBS worcestershire
4 TBS ketchup
1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
pinch of salt

Melt the butter and add the garlic and salt. Let it rest while you cook the wings.
Turn the burner back on low and add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer a while.
Baste the wings with the sauce, being careful to save the garlic for right before you pull the wings off the grill, so it doesn't burn. If you want, drizzle a little more sauce on before serving.

Last edited:
Everyone's dishes look and sound wonderful! Pac, I could drink that sauce, will have to make it!

babetoo said:
cheese burger with pepper jack cheese. either sweet potato fries or green bean crisps. cream cheese brownies for dessert. making for the nice gentleman that takes me to the dr. guess he won't mind if i have a couple.

I had a pepper jack burger last night Babetoo! They sure were good.
Tonight we had chick Parm and pasta. :)

Salad with homegrown cherry tomatoes, peppers, and cukes, carrots, peas, sunflower seeds, cottage cheese, raisins, and pieces of honey ham.

I buy and make sometimes. Rye rolls and bread go well with all smoked meats, mustard and sauerkraut. My 4 yr old doesn't like seeds on the rolls so I bought some without at the deli :)

Aww, thanks, Kay :)
The sauce is something I made up a while back. It's great if you like heat with garlic flavor.

Garlic heat sauce

1/2 stick of butter
6-8 lg cloves of finely chopped garlic (about 4-6 TBS)
2 TBS of sriracha
2 TBS Franks red hot
2 TBS worcestershire
4 TBS ketchup
1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
pinch of salt

Melt the butter and add the garlic and salt. Let it rest while you cook the wings.
Turn the burner back on low and add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer a while.
Baste the wings with the sauce, being careful to save the garlic for right before you pull the wings off the grill, so it doesn't burn. If you want, drizzle a little more sauce on before serving.

Sounds yummy Pac!
My homemade BBQ sauce is similar.

Equal roughly equal quantities of the following (I just eyeball it)

W/Sauce
Ketchup
Chutney
Coca Cola
then add a splash of tobasco, some garlic salt, blackpepper and a spoonful of hot mustard.

You eat zucc cold? I think I tasted squash cold once. It seemed too firm. For me anyway.

Here's my grilled wings with a garlic heat sauce I make.

Yep, I sure do. In salads or with a dip usually, but decided to have some with dinner like that. A piece of the cold zucchini and a piece of the roasted tomato together was a great combination. The wings look great!!! I love a good wing.

Thanks Kayelle!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom