Dinner Tuesday 18th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stirling seems to be coming down with a cold, so he doesn't feel much like eating. I'm making leek and potato soup and I will have a ham sandwich with that. I'm not sure if Stirling will have anything with his soup.

I want pizza... One of my buddies told me he has been playing around with a pizza with country fried steak on it and sausage gravy as the sauce.. so now i want pizza and need to do some experimenting soon..

Stirling seems to be coming down with a cold, so he doesn't feel much like eating. I'm making leek and potato soup and I will have a ham sandwich with that. I'm not sure if Stirling will have anything with his soup.
The leek and potato soup turned out absolutely delicious. It's a nice, hearty soup for this time of year and so easy to make.

We both had pâté on whole grain toast. Stirling had his with Gruyère. I had some Gruyère on one end of mine. Sounds wrong. It was pretty good, but I won't be doing that often. The Gruyère didn't shine and it sort of overwhelmed the flavour of the pâté.

The leek and potato soup turned out absolutely delicious. It's a nice, hearty soup for this time of year and so easy to make.

We both had pâté on whole grain toast. Stirling had his with Gruyère. I had some Gruyère on one end of mine. Sounds wrong. It was pretty good, but I won't be doing that often. The Gruyère didn't shine and it sort of overwhelmed the flavour of the pâté.

:yum: It sounds like a nice meal. I haven't had pate in years.

DH and I had dinner with my good friend tonight. We had calamari with marinara for an appetizer, then I had the fried shrimp dinner and DH had their special - a foot-long hot dog with homemade chips. Now we're home; may have an ice-cream sandwich in a bit.

I just finished making a fritatta (tiny sweet peppers, jalapeno, couple slices of bacon crumbled up w/ smoked gouda). I'll throw a salad together & toast up the last of the kalamata bread I made Sunday and call it done.

That sounds really nice :)

DH and I had dinner with my good friend tonight. We had calamari with marinara for an appetizer, then I had the fried shrimp dinner and DH had their special - a foot-long hot dog with homemade chips. Now we're home; may have an ice-cream sandwich in a bit.

I don't believe I've ever been in a place that has both calamari and hot dogs, let alone foot longs, on the same menu. That place rocks! :yum:

I don't believe I've ever been in a place that has both calamari and hot dogs, let alone foot longs, on the same menu. That place rocks! :yum:

Yup, it's not bad for a bar :) Half-price drinks from 4-7 p.m., daily dinner specials, homemade potato chips, 50-cent tacos on Wednesdays, half-price pizzas on Thursdays, usually not too loud ... good stuff :mrgreen:

Yup, it's not bad for a bar :) Half-price drinks from 4-7 p.m., daily dinner specials, homemade potato chips, 50-cent tacos on Wednesdays, half-price pizzas on Thursdays, usually not too loud ... good stuff :mrgreen:

Red dogs? In ghent

Hubby had left over goulash and some roast beef. I opted for a flat bread pizza topped with red sauce, tuna, capers, basil and parsley with a little lemon zest for fun. It was delicious! I had a small can of the really good italian tuna packed in olive oil. This is a remake of one of my favorite pasta's using red sauce, tuna and corkscrew pasta. It doesn't sound like it would work but it is really good!

Quesodillas, chorizo and muenster melt that you pull apart with tortilla pieces and deep fried poppers. The japs I made these with were the most potent I've ever dealt with. El Scortcho!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom