Dinner Tuesday 18th June 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is beef schnitzel parm. like pounded out veal or chix,egged, breaded, fried, and served with marina. I would like to know what bandito wedges are? We serve potato wedges with kind of a ''shake and bake'' spice mixture and call them JoJo's. I went to my local fruit stand today and all the apples were either from your homeland or New Zealand. I ended up buying the Gala apples winch are excellent. mysterychef

MC, that is nearly right, it is veal that is crumbed/breaded with egg but it is topped with a tomato based sauce, consisting of diced tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, parsley, sugar and tomato sauce

So you guys get Aussie apples over there, that is great...we love royal gala :)

Haven't decided yet. I've been running around doing errands today. Will be going out shortly taking Ollie to the vet for his rabies vaccine and diabetes check then need to stop at the pet store on the way home for cat food (dog food will get purchased at the vet's since it's Rx food). I may do up some breakfast stuff. I have a pound of bacon and enough eggs. Could also do sausage gravy and biscuits. Have lettuce and stuff for salads. Oooo! I know!! I just read in our paper a recipe for a quick carbonara pasta dish that I can sub the bacon for the Italian sausage!! That will work with salads! Love trying new recipes too!

TB is having rotisserie chicken, greek salad and potato wedges. I am having nothing until around 5 I think - need to wait so many hours after my tooth extraction. Then I think it will be mac and cheese or something else soft.

A friend is hosting a get-together for one of her former exchange students this evening; this girl was friends with one of our former exchange students - who, by chance, I just spoke to on Skype a few minutes ago :) It starts at 6 p.m., so I'll have a little snack before going over - probably nachos. Not sure what she's serving - I'm guessing light refreshments. Should be fun :)

A friend is hosting a get-together for one of her former exchange students this evening; this girl was friends with one of our former exchange students - who, by chance, I just spoke to on Skype a few minutes ago :) It starts at 6 p.m., so I'll have a little snack before going over - probably nachos. Not sure what she's serving - I'm guessing light refreshments. Should be fun :)

Sounds great GG, have a good time :)

TB is having rotisserie chicken, greek salad and potato wedges. I am having nothing until around 5 I think - need to wait so many hours after my tooth extraction. Then I think it will be mac and cheese or something else soft.

Hope you are feeling OK Laurie (hugs)

Burgers on the grill (grilling between the raindrops), Caesar salad and mac and a cheese side for me.

Gee, is it the 18th of June already?
I'm going to grill some chicken enchiladas with mole.

... need to stop at the pet store on the way home for cat food (dog food will get purchased at the vet's since it's Rx food)...

Gotta do that for the kitty. Don't ya just love that? Don't have the same hours as where you get "normal" pet food AND they charge a paw and a leg for it besides. What we do for our "kids". ;)

Thanks to the weather I'm afraid we aren't doing the steaks tonight either.
th_gaahsmiley.gif
Here I thought 3rd time would be a charm. Might end up with steak and eggs for breakfast at the rate things are going. I'll make salad and cheat with the chicken and use a bagged veggie-and-pasta to mix with my chicken in hopes that I will YET make bakechef's brownies. The canister of cocoa has been on my counter for about a month and still I haven't done anything with it but move it around. :dry:

The potato salad thread got to me, so that, ( no Miracle Whip) and maybe turkey sammies.

Left over meatloaf on potato rolls, a quickie chicken tortellini soup to round things out and a salad.

And BTW, I now have a craving to buy Miracle Whip for the sammies. I haven't tried MW in years.

I made a great Mexican rice to go along. My lips are burning. Life is good.

The new range works great! I made Mac and cheese with ham in it. :yum: I had broccoli with mine. ;)

Kylie, Thanks for the schnitzel recipe it sounds good. Still interested in what your ''Bandito Wedges'' are? On another topic, if you eat fish, what is available where you live, and how are some the favorites cooked? Thanks mysterychef.

Last edited:
Dinner ended up being very good and filling! Good thing I didn't have time to eat first ;) She served pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw, potato salad, 3-bean salad, baked beans, macaroni 'n cheese, grapes & watermelon, and cookies. Yummy!

Back
Top Bottom