Dinner Tuesday 19th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many days this last week have I said we were going to have chili? Well, for one reason or another (sick, not home, James sick, etc.) we ended up never having it. I can safely say (since it is cooking as I type) that we will have chili tonight. Unless a meteor hits our house or something. :wacko:

I have some inch thick pork chops grilling.. just your normal pork rub that im guessing has a fair amount of sugar in it by the way the first side looks after four mins.. also some corn and baked mashed taters..

How many days this last week have I said we were going to have chili? Well, for one reason or another (sick, not home, James sick, etc.) we ended up never having it. I can safely say (since it is cooking as I type) that we will have chili tonight. Unless a meteor hits our house or something. :wacko:
I know what you mean. I planned corn-potato-shrimp chowder for Sunday. My friend couldn't make it. We moved it to yesterday. I had a conflict. Finially tonight I finished it (I started it Sunday evening). It was delicious, btw. I sent my home friend with a container so she could have it for breakfast.

Wasn't pleased! I was too ambitious for a Tuesday (I go read to a blind friend on Tuesdays and don't get home 'til around 4:30, and really, don't feel much like cooking). But I had some half and half and spinach and chicken breasts and decided to poach them in the cream, spinach and cheese sauce. Well, got distracted, asked husband to stir the chicken that was supposedly poaching in the cream/cheese/spinach sauce. Neglected to tell him it wasn't to come to a boil! Ugh! It tasted just fine, just didn't look very pretty, and the chicken slices that should have been tender were not so much! It tasted fine, though, just looked unappealing! Usually I just heat something I've already cooked or something similar on Tuesdays!

I had Home Run Inn Classic frozen pizza - the topping was very good, but the crust was terrible! I'll stick to my favorite from now on - it's the only great frozen pizza I've ever tried - Newman's Own Thin and Crispy Four Cheese Pizza.

Wasn't pleased! I was too ambitious for a Tuesday (I go read to a blind friend on Tuesdays and don't get home 'til around 4:30, and really, don't feel much like cooking). But I had some half and half and spinach and chicken breasts and decided to poach them in the cream, spinach and cheese sauce. Well, got distracted, asked husband to stir the chicken that was supposedly poaching in the cream/cheese/spinach sauce. Neglected to tell him it wasn't to come to a boil! Ugh! It tasted just fine, just didn't look very pretty, and the chicken slices that should have been tender were not so much! It tasted fine, though, just looked unappealing! Usually I just heat something I've already cooked or something similar on Tuesdays!

Claire, I will start, finish and fully emphasize it is appreciated when you read for your blind friend. I should shut up right now, but I won't. I am hard of seeing, not as much, and it hasn't change in years. I am good.

Now, as an aside, do ya'all know there is a woman with a nice soft Texas accent who reads Playboy magazine for the blind. After-all, playboy is read for the articles and intellectual content. Fully descriptive on the centerfold too. I think it' s subscription based, like the magazine. I heard it once on a podcast. And before any guys Pm me, No, I failed to save the URL, only listened the one time. For research and academic purposes only.

I thought you might find this a chuckle or perhaps your friend. Or else my ears will turn red.

Last edited:
I've got a pre-cooked end cut of prime rib thawing. I'm going to make some garlic mashed potatoes to go along with mushroom gravy. Also some green beans.

And there ya have it. Some leftover... and some made fresh.
img_1241831_0_b128cd2eddf4d2caa989489a0a6d883e.jpg

:)

Just checking...that is good that we can use one icon...as I know now we have to use more than 3 letters for a post

Back
Top Bottom