Dinner Tuesday 19th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making a Balti Chicken Curry with cous cous and also making flatbreads to go with it :yum:

Both having cous cous Snip...we added a bit of olive oil, salt and butter to ours :yum:

Rib eye steak and a simple green salad.

I will pan fry it using Selkie's method, shown below.

You can cook a perfect steak indoors, especially if you use a cast iron skillet and an oven.

Preheat oven to 350 F
Get your skillet very hot on the stove.
Lay in the steak, and DON'T touch, peek or poke! Just walk away for exactly 3 minutes.
Turn steak over for another 3 minutes and walk away.
Put skillet in the oven for 3 minutes.
Remove skillet from oven, plate the steak and let it rest for 3 minutes.
Serve.
You'll serve a perfect medium rare steak.

We are new to cous cous, but we really enjoyed it last night :)

It is nice with dishes that have lots of sauce :yum:

I'm frying up some chicken nuggets. Not sure what the sides will be yet. Normally I make french fries but I'm out of potatoes and don't have my back up bag in the freezer either. Maybe I'll make some cheesy rice since I have a lot of rice available.

We're having classic Ruben Sandwiches tonight. I'll toast and butter the Russian Rye bread, add some sauerkraut drizzled with Catalina dressing, Swiss cheese and the best thin sliced leftover corned beef from St. Paddy's day dinner. The piled high sandwiches will go in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese. We'll have some potato salad too.

By the way, I made the best corned beef I've ever made on St. Patrick's Day. I had two flat cuts and generously smeared them on both sides with whole seed mustard and then slipped them into a Reynolds Cooking Bag and added 1/4 cup of white wine...nothing else. They were in the 275 degree oven for 5 hours and they were just outrageously good. I'll never ever fix them any other way again. They were tender but sliced beautifully and obviously weren't water logged as with other methods.

I'm craving meatballs but the meat is still frozen and I'm sitting on the porch in the sun with my wine and I don't want to go inside. Maybe DH will go for Chinese lol He's out riding his bike right now.

Haddock with vegetables and Udon noodles in an Asian style sacue with Hoisin, 5 spice powder, chili, soy sauce and a bit of water and corn starch...

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 172
I ended up doing butter chicken thighs tonight with a side of green beans. Now I get it why y'all are so crazy about butter chicken. I sort-of followed this recipe (I did have to add some heat...not hot enough for me and I used milk instead of cream):

Homemade butter chicken |

Unfortunately, left my camera on (again). Not sure if the pic I thought I snapped will be there after the batteries charged. But, it was REALLY good.

Rib eye steak and a simple green salad.

I will pan fry it using Selkie's method, shown below.

You can cook a perfect steak indoors, especially if you use a cast iron skillet and an oven.

Preheat oven to 350 F
Get your skillet very hot on the stove.
Lay in the steak, and DON'T touch, peek or poke! Just walk away for exactly 3 minutes.
Turn steak over for another 3 minutes and walk away.
Put skillet in the oven for 3 minutes.
Remove skillet from oven, plate the steak and let it rest for 3 minutes.
Serve.
You'll serve a perfect medium rare steak.

Glad you reposted this, AB! Will definitely give it a try!

Tonight's supper was a recipe from my Danish recipe site: Karryfad med ananas og rosiner med billede Alletiders Kogebog.

That's a casserole of pork tenderloin with potatoes, raisins, pineapple, onions, and curry powder. I mixed up the curry powder from an online recipe. It was quite good, but not spectacular. It was enough effort and dirtied enough mixing bowls, etc. that it won't go on the rotation. But, when the mood strikes for something really different, this fills the bill.

The salad: curly "red lettuce", celery, scallions, cauliflower, and julienned green pepper. The vinaigrette: EVOO, apple cider vinegar, anchovy paste, herbes de provence, and freshly ground black pepper.

20130319_203034.jpg
20130319_203234.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom