Dinner Tuesday, 2-9-2016 ~ Are we eating today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I don't know about you, but WE are eating at our house. Leftover soup is on the menu, along with a possible salad. I have an avocado to use up, and I can probably get Himself to eat some of it if it's cuddled next to some bacon in that salad.

What are you cuddling up to at your supper table?

I'm going to fire up the Weber and grill a tri tip. Sautéed 'shroomies and onions, and a steamed broccoli/carrot combo will be the sides.

I made ginger beef with bok choy and fried rice today.

I wanted to have pancakes for Shrove Tuesday; however, I don't have any gluten free mix left and didn't have time to make some more. So maybe tomorrow!

Last edited:
Today is Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday). It's our tradition to have jambalaya for dinner. I worked later than usual, so I'm taking the easy way by using Zatarain's Jambalaya rice mix. I've browned my sausage and chicken and will continue with the rice mix. Salad on the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a chicken breast thawing on the counter (because I want to eat tonight, not next week) and I'm going to have bacon roasted chicken with potatoes for dinner. How hard can that one be?

I'm roasting a Cajun seasoned pork tenderloin and roasted ranch potatoes. Steamed asparagus.

We had braised pork belly in an arugula salad with pears, dressing made with pan drippings, sherry vinegar, peppedews. It was REALLY good.

I'm going to fire up the Weber and grill a tri tip. Sautéed 'shroomies and onions, and a steamed broccoli/carrot combo will be the sides.

A little too well done for my tastes, but it was still good. Hopefully the thicker part of that lovely cut of beef is a little more rare. :) Fixin' to slice some up for sandwiches for the next couple of days, and vacuum seal the rest for the freezer.
001.jpg

That looks great Cheryl! My gas Grilling is out of the question until this dang wind is over. My rib eye steaks were pitiful the other night. grrr.

We had a wonderful Sushi lunch today so we're just grazing for dinner.

Did my first beer can chicken. Had to do it on the gas grill as my Weber charcoal is too short (found this out after I bought the BCC rack). It was so cold and windy I had a hard time controlling the heat. I was disappointed in the flavor. I used a butter and Italian spice mixture under the skin. I also brinned for about 3 hours.

Did my first beer can chicken. Had to do it on the gas grill as my Weber charcoal is too short (found this out after I bought the BCC rack). It was so cold and windy I had a hard time controlling the heat. I was disappointed in the flavor. I used a butter and Italian spice mixture under the skin. I also brinned for about 3 hours.

I personally prefer them done in the oven at 400f. Give it another try GA.:yum:

Back
Top Bottom