"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-03-2006, 06:12 AM   #1
Master Chef

Dinner tuesday?

i was gonna cook an espagnole & leave dinner to jake.
'dinner' at school is early so i'm probably having a few dinners today.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:09 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Left over spag with meat sauce.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:26 AM   #3
Executive Chef

I'm kinda out of sorts with dinners this week. We are expecting company but have not heard which evening they are arriving. We have hay on the ground and intend to bale it this afternoon/evening, so there will be no dinner tonight, I ply DH with homemade ww dinner rolls as he returns to the barn to switch equipment (tedder, rake, baler, wagon). And DH has band practice twice this week so I am alone for dinner those nights, and those two evenings are unknown at this point.

I have 7 fall broccoli's and one needs to be cut. Have Kadesma's Swiss broccoli soup in mind for the first broccoli. May save that for when the guests are here.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:05 AM   #4
Head Chef

Same as Bang, left over spaghetti
Old 10-03-2006, 09:07 AM   #5
Head Chef

Looks like dinner tonight will be down at school. I've got a group project meeting instead of class, so we're meeting at a little place just off of campus. Based on it's age, it may the ORIGINAL hang crap on the wall bar/restaurant. The difference is that all of their stuff was current when it got hung up!!

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:33 AM   #6
Executive Chef

red beans brown rice dark greens and andouille sausage
Old 10-03-2006, 09:43 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

i think i may make snow crab legs. not sure how yet.

btw, i noticed yesterday that king crab is 8.99/lb, and snow were 4.99/lb.

i think i'll either steam them and make 2 dips: an herb-butter, and cocktail sauce with some fresh horseradish from the garden.
or i may make a fresh sugo, and simmer the legs in it. if i have time, i'll pick up some fish and shellfish, and make cioppino.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:48 AM   #8
Master Chef

stayed & cooked instead of school. i was exhausted today & opted for napping. cornishhens are baking, taters are boiling, & peas are simmering. we were gonna cook last night & chose to starve instead.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:52 AM   #9
Executive Chef

It's to early to think about supper right now. I've got to busy with the housework.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:19 AM   #10
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel
Cullen Skink with tattie scones!
I just looked up your dinner menu for this evening. Oh, it's about that time there almost yes? your meal sounds sumptuous to me. both items. I've never made either and both to me, will be a future go, thanks for the idea

Plus, wish my husband liked red beans and rice, like I do. he doesn't so if I made that, I'd have to make something totally different for him. the breaded pork chops from Opinanita yesterday sounds good so I hope that recipe is posted somewhere. if not, maybe I'll drive to the market and pick up a brisket so I can try either Sandra Lee's one, which I planned on the other day but didn't get to the market for, or as suggested on this board via a PM, Paula Deens brisket. however, after going to PD's restaurant last Monday, I'm not sure about her cuisine. Update, it's Opinanita's pork chops that are defrosting right now. Hopefully, I'll get my question answered about the kind of chili's to use, I've PM'd to find out. Thanks Opinanita for helping with your recipe, sounds delish.