Dinner Tuesday 27th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wait, i really don't get it--andy's having take-out pizza. not that there's anything wrong with...don't you guys have a dominoes or papa john's where you live?

Clearly, I'm the attraction, not the pizza. :cool:

I don't order from the national chains. I order from a local mini-chain owned by a guy here in town who makes the best thin crust pizzas around. Their large pizza actually is. A large is 19" in diameter and weighs three pounds. Unless you want to go into Boston, there is nothing better. They are so good, I order from them even though they don't deliver.

Clearly, I'm the attraction, not the pizza. :cool:

I don't order from the national chains. I order from a local mini-chain owned by a guy here in town who makes the best thin crust pizzas around. Their large pizza actually is. A large is 19" in diameter and weighs three pounds. Unless you want to go into Boston, there is nothing better. They are so good, I order from them even though they don't deliver.

clearly, andy--and you are so humble about it, too.:) then again, it is the obvious that so often eludes me.

as good as you make that pizza sound, you may have many more of us dc members knocking at your door.

DH is working late tonight, and it's cold and rainy, so I'm making comfort food for him. I'm simmering spaghetti sauce on the stove - a jar jazzed up with onions, garlic, bell peppers, ground beef and oregano from the garden. I'll also make garlic bread and steamed green beans sprinkled with seasoned salt.

I was feeling lazy, so I was going to heat a can of Habitant French Canadian pea soup and make grilled cheese sandwiches. But, I'm sufficiently lazy that I don't even want to do that. I would have forced myself, but Stirling felt like have pizza, so yay pizza and yay, don't have to stir my lazy bum.

I can top that, TL, I brought home some lovely salmon from work. Too lazy to zap it, so I went with popcorn topped with some melted coconut oil and my friend's curry powder, followed by the artichoke salad that was part of the leftovers I brought home.

I got lazy too and didn't feel like making that chicken casserole that I had planned. We pulled out the Pannini press and had sandwiches out of sliced chicken breast, Brie and cranberry sauce on pressed chabatta rolls.

Lazy here too. DH cleaned out the leftover beef barley soup, I had a couple pieces of deli chicken, half an apple, and some roasted pumpkin seeds.

I'm so upset. I dont have all the ingredients I need for the casserole I had planned. I went over budget on groceries and I have nothing thawed. I feel that I'm at a loss!!!

I'm so upset. I dont have all the ingredients I need for the casserole I had planned. I went over budget on groceries and I have nothing thawed. I feel that I'm at a loss!!!

It's time for "Chopped!" Grab some pasta and whatever you have in your pantry and throw something together! :chef:

great advice, gg and dawg! in fact, sometimes this method produces a new go-to dish! and even when it doesn't, you come away with a feeling of accomplishment, having successfully dealt with a mealtime crisis.... :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom