Dinner Tuesday 27th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having a beef mince pasta with sundries tomatoes and roasted capsicums in it..YUM

After almost a week of not cooking I think I need to do some tonight. I'll be alone for supper but the yungun will want to eat when he gets home from work around 8:30pm. I'm thinking about macaroni and cheese but not sure what will go with it at this point. I'm over poultry so will have to check the freezer for something.

I'm going to make some split pea soup, since PF got me hungry for some.
I made pea soup last week. Yummy stuff, although it seems like the only time I ever make it is after someone gives me a ham bone, which is usually only after Easter or Thanksgiving.

I don't know what I'm having for dinner tonight. There are a few leftovers in the fridge, but it feels like I've been eating leftovers for the better part of a week now. :neutral:

Steve, try some smoked ham hocks when you don't have a ham bone. Mine turned out great the other night and I froze the leftovers in single portion freezer baggies as I made a double batch with two bags of peas. There's nothing like a cup of good split pea soup with a sandwich on one of your cold winter nights.

I got a Costco rotisserie chicken yesterday so I'll do something with it tonight..maybe Italian Flag Casserole.

You all have got me wishing for split pea soup. :yum: Not gonna happen, at least today anyway. Have split peas but no hammy bone. I haven't decided on what's for dinner tonight.

Home from work today and its snowing so I'm going with good old comfort food. Home made macaroni and cheese.

I've got some fresh broccoli in the fridge from my veggie dealer so I might add that in to give it some redeeming quality.

Waiting for a check that was hopefully (and probably) mailed yesterday (can't wait to go grocery shopping when it comes!). Tonight it will be bacon and Brussels sprouts.

I gave up on the split peas. I thought I had a couple of turkey neck bones left, but must have used them up.

wait, i really don't get it--andy's having take-out pizza. not that there's anything wrong with...don't you guys have a dominoes or papa john's where you live?

We have Dominos and Pizza Hut...but we just want to have dinner with Andy :LOL:

Even I don't have a Dominos or Pizza Rut... Now that ain't right :(
Hey Kylie, do you guys have "Outback"... the restaurant, not the real thing? :LOL:

I walked blindly into the grocery store 20 minutes ago and after I put a 10 lb bag of potatoes in my basket (I needed something to walk around with), I started grabbing stuff for dinner: grape tomatoes, a lemon, mushrooms, feta cheese and a few chicken breasts. That will incorporate with the onion, garlic, pasta, oregano and artichoke hearts I already had at home.

It's zumba night for me. While I am getting jiggy with it the family will revisit last nights meatloaf.

Back
Top Bottom