Dinner Tuesday 28th May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure. I have a condo board meeting preceded by a property inspection so dinner is iffy.

Last week Glenn disconnected our propane line to install a new 500-gallon tank and run a new, more convenient, gas line, so....no gas cooktop yet. Been doin' okay anyhow.

Since the weather's been so super, we have been utilizing the grill outside as much as possible. In view of that, tonight we're going to grill some brats, have a side of Cajun potato salad, something else yet to be determined, iced tea and will finish the strawberry tart for dessert.

Since today's grocery shopping day, I may find some nice veggies to grill along with the brats.

Last week Glenn disconnected our propane line to install a new 500-gallon tank and run a new, more convenient, gas line, so....no gas cooktop yet. Been doin' okay anyhow.

Since the weather's been so super, we have been utilizing the grill outside as much as possible. In view of that, tonight we're going to grill some brats, have a side of Cajun potato salad, something else yet to be determined, iced tea and will finish the strawberry tart for dessert.

Since today's grocery shopping day, I may find some nice veggies to grill along with the brats.

Katie, that Cajun potato salad sounds interesting. Have you posted the recipe?

DH is going out of town today for a few days. I think I'll grill a few pork chops and potatoes tonight, and have leftovers for lunch. I also have salad fixings.

Yesterday's soup with garlic bread. Maybe a cuke and Vidalia salad, too.

Went out for lunch with my son and his fiancee after going to two cake places and a jewelry store. Had a foot long hot dog with chili and cheese, french fries and a vanilla milkshake. Needless to say, I am not hungry! DH is teaching tonight and the yungun is working so I may just make a turkey sandwich and a salad.

Wow, it's been forever since I was here last. It was unusually cool today so I made a pot of chili with sour cream and chips.

Going to stuff a pork tenderloin with spinach, feta, black olives and red onions. Serve that with some roasted potatoes and whatever veg in the crisper that needs to go first...

I remembered I had some duck fat in the fridge so I pan fried the spuds in that and some boiled and buttered carrots....

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 164
Went out for lunch with my son and his fiancee after going to two cake places and a jewelry store. Had a foot long hot dog with chili and cheese, french fries and a vanilla milkshake. Needless to say, I am not hungry! DH is teaching tonight and the yungun is working so I may just make a turkey sandwich and a salad.

Your lunch sounds lovely Jab...sounds like you had a great time :)

I had cold sliced steak/salad with dijon garlic dressing and leftover potato salad. I noticed my " care pkg" sent home with me yesterday night didn't have any strawberries included. What's with that? I forgot to mention this little detail when I talked w/ DxW on the phone today too. Bet they're all gone now. heheh.

We'll be having corned beef and cabbage made in the pressure cooker. Rye bread on the side.

Bailed on yard- and housework and left our kitty to her own devices. Headed south for a ride through CT and ended up at a little diner for supper. We were near enough to water so I HAD to have fish (which we eat at home at least once a week) and got a batter-fried cod sandwich with the bun on the side. Can't eat a sandwich and fries and still have room for dessert. Alas, I still didn't have room. :( Himself got...a TurkeyBLT club. What? No seafood? Guess he just wanted seefood. Danged thing was huge - maybe I won't have to make supper tomorrow? :LOL:

Tuesday is my day to read to a blind friend. I get home right at dinner time, so plan something easy. As it was, we'd had friends over for cheese and crackers, and had some really good cheese, and made ... macaroni and cheese, elegant style.

It's getting cold here, so comfort food is on the cards. Last night was braised beef and dumplings, seriously delicious. Not sure why, but I always assumed the dumplings were tricky, not so at all!

mmm, dumplings... comfort food at it's finest with gravy, broth, juice...

Back
Top Bottom