Dinner Tuesday 2nd of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a couple of steaks sitting in the fridge waiting to be cooked up, then garlic mashed potatoes, a green salad, and some flaky buttery rolls. Not to mention that I bought the fancy pants avalon dairy chocolate milk that comes in a glass bottle as a treat for us :P

msmofet said:
Pan fried boneless pork loin chops topped with pork gravy and tossed salad.

Oh, looks tasty.

For us, mix of fresh berries drizzled with a little honey and balsamic, green beans and mushrooms cooked with bacon and sausage, sliced zuchini and tomato sprinkled lightly with salt.

Diner Food:
Country Fried Steak
Mashed Potatoes
White Pepper Gravy
Steamed Broccoli

Pan fried boneless pork loin chops topped with pork gravy and tossed salad.

img_1032805_0_af65cf335735d2b46fa2222823a16f92.jpg

hey, someone ate half of my chop!!!

lol, looks good, mofet. nice browning on the chops.:chef:

Oh, looks tasty.

For us, mix of fresh berries drizzled with a little honey and balsamic, green beans and mushrooms cooked with bacon and sausage, sliced zuchini and tomato sprinkled lightly with salt.
Thank you pag! Your dinner sounds very tasty also. I will have to try that.
hey, someone ate half of my chop!!!

lol, looks good, mofet. nice browning on the chops.:chef:
Thank you bucky. LOL I made 6 boneless chops (I cut the chops a bit thin) for 4 people so we each had 1.5 chops.

I got a whole boneless loin for $20.00 and cut the whole thing into chops and portioned out 6 meals (6 chops each). Not bad at $3.34 a meal for pork for 4 people. Add sides and it will be about $5.00 a meal for a family of 4. Remember the original McD's commercials in the 60's "Feed a family of 4 for $5.00!!" LOL Well My $5.00 meal for 4 is much healthier.

Thank you pag! Your dinner sounds very tasty also. I will have to try that.

Thanks! The berries really surprised me with how good they were. This was my first time eating them like that and wow, the balsamic and honey added just the right kick to some already pretty amazing tasting berries. It wasn't overpowering and was extremely complementary. I'll be doing that again.

Thank you bucky. LOL I made 6 boneless chops (I cut the chops a bit thin) for 4 people so we each had 1.5 chops.

I got a whole boneless loin for $20.00 and cut the whole thing into chops and portioned out 6 meals (6 chops each). Not bad at $3.34 a meal for pork for 4 people. Add sides and it will be about $5.00 a meal for a family of 4. Remember the original McD's commercials in the 60's "Feed a family of 4 for $5.00!!" LOL Well My $5.00 meal for 4 is much healthier.

And good luck trying to feed a family of 4 for $5.00 at McD's now. I'd definitely take your $5.00 meal for 4 over their overpriced junk.

Thanks! The berries really surprised me with how good they were. This was my first time eating them like that and wow, the balsamic and honey added just the right kick to some already pretty amazing tasting berries. It wasn't overpowering and was extremely complementary. I'll be doing that again.

And good luck trying to feed a family of 4 for $5.00 at McD's now. I'd definitely take your $5.00 meal for 4 over their overpriced junk.
Thank you pag.

BTW what type of sausage did you use for the green beans and mushrooms cooked with bacon and sausage, sliced zuchini?

The sliced zucchini and tomatoes were raw and served along side the other mix. I just used regular breakfast sausage with the mushrooms, bacon and green beans. We have a local grocer's mix here that is my go to variety but Jimmy Dean original, Jimmy Dean sage, or something similar would also work. I just used a bulk package instead of links or patties since I was just crumbling and browning it into everything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom