Dinner Tuesday 4th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are having left over spaghetti with turkey meatballs and a salad. It was a last minute, have to get something on the table sort of effort from last night. Jarred marinara sauce and frozen turkey meatballs. It was good though, and it made enough to feed us twice.

Going to PF Chang's for dinner tonight. (fusion chinese, excellent)
It's one of those places everyone shares in tasting lots of goodies.
They make an eggplant dish that is to die for. :yum:

Sounds good Chef, hope you had a lovely night :)

We went out to dinner too, we went Indian though :)

I was inspired by the hamburger soup thread. When I rummaged in the freezer for some ground beef, I found Italian sausage, so I decided to make Italian sausage soup. We'll see how it turns out.

I also found some pork pot roast in the freezer, so we'll have that too.

DH didn't pick up Taco Tuesday, but we have a hankering for tuna salad.

I'm curious to hear what you come up with for the cutlets.

My suggestion... pan sear them, deglaze with a little white wine and stock, and then reduce to make a pan sauce.

Are you allowed to eat nuts? When we were doing Atkins, we used to use almond flour and coarsely ground almond for schnitzel.

Thanks for your ideas! :yum:

I am on a very restricted diet at the moment - basically an elimination diet to clear my system and then I can add things back. Yeast is a major factor in many of my health problems so I have had to cut out anything connected with it like sugar, vinegar, fungus (no mushrooms), fruit, alcohol, etc. On top of that, some of my allergies are to nuts such as almonds and cashews (my favourites).

I also have a dairy problem but do fine with goat and I need probiotic from natural sources so I can have goat yogurt.

I got creative and spread a small layer of yogurt on the cutlets, then dredged them in crumbs made from processing a couple of brown rice cakes (can't have white rice). They were great because I got them to about the texture of panko! I added a bit of my poultry blend (dried herbs, not ground) and salt and pepper. I seared them quickly and finished them in the oven. They were delicious! A bit of crunch, and the turkey was extremely moist. I will do this again....probably even when I don't have to! ;)

Attachments

• turkeycutlet.jpg
    turkeycutlet.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 218
I was inspired by the hamburger soup thread. When I rummaged in the freezer for some ground beef, I found Italian sausage, so I decided to make Italian sausage soup. We'll see how it turns out.

I also found some pork pot roast in the freezer, so we'll have that too.
The Italian sausage soup was quite good. Next time I will use stock and a lot more onion as well as a bit more celery. It was very filling. Just as well, the pot roast was a bit bare of vegis. I put a note on the container that it needs vegis.

+1

I love the idea of using brown rice cakes as a substitute for panko. Is that the kind that are sort of puffed rice in a disk shape?

Are eggs on the "no eat" list?

Those are the ones! I also get some thin square ones that I use for snacks, but the thick disk shaped rice cakes are what I used. I tried to not process them too fine and it worked well.

I can't have eggs for a year - not as eggs or in anything. I tested really high for them which is fine on one hand because I have never been a real egg lover, but they are used in so many other things I like!

LP - how creative to find something that you can eat and still taste good!

We had a change of plans. When I went to freezer to find the chicken, I saw a bag of hashbrowns and remembered I had some ham left from last weekend. I chopped it up and made my hashbrown casserole with the ham added in. Served that with salads.

Looks lovely Laurie :yum:

Thanks for your ideas! :yum:

I am on a very restricted diet at the moment - basically an elimination diet to clear my system and then I can add things back. Yeast is a major factor in many of my health problems so I have had to cut out anything connected with it like sugar, vinegar, fungus (no mushrooms), fruit, alcohol, etc. On top of that, some of my allergies are to nuts such as almonds and cashews (my favourites).

I also have a dairy problem but do fine with goat and I need probiotic from natural sources so I can have goat yogurt.

I got creative and spread a small layer of yogurt on the cutlets, then dredged them in crumbs made from processing a couple of brown rice cakes (can't have white rice). They were great because I got them to about the texture of panko! I added a bit of my poultry blend (dried herbs, not ground) and salt and pepper. I seared them quickly and finished them in the oven. They were delicious! A bit of crunch, and the turkey was extremely moist. I will do this again....probably even when I don't have to! ;)

I made a Chinese stir fry with onions, garlic, ginger, bell peppers, and celery and a sauce made with soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, cornstarch and rice vinegar. Served it over rice with some chow mein noodles and quick pickled cucumbers. Delicious.

Looks wonderful!

I made a Chinese stir fry with onions, garlic, ginger, bell peppers, and celery and a sauce made with soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, cornstarch and rice vinegar. Served it over rice with some chow mein noodles and quick pickled cucumbers. Delicious.

Gee that sounds lovely :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom