Dinner Tuesday 4th June 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know who bought this even though I live alone. I found a bottle of Kraft type French dressing in the frig. I shook it up good and poured some over salad. Why yes, it was as sweet as I remember. Pretty good too.

I also discovered not long ago how to divide up spaghetti sauce into ind. freezer bags. Ready to heat and serve. Spaghetti and salad. Chocolate ice cream for later. Funny, Ice cream only comes in one size container Serving size = 1.

Taco sauce, Srirracha, lime juice, feta cheese (I pretended it was queso fresco) and pepper. The lime juice held up really well. The wings were seasoned with chili powder while they were cooking.

Had a lovely time at the bridal shop. She's going to be beautiful! It was 5:00pm before I got home so we're going to do leftovers. There's enough pork bbq for a meal so we'll heat that up with chips. I stopped at the farmers market and picked up some salad stuff so we'll be able to have salads too.

I bet she will Jab :)

I haven't the slightest idea. I'm on a plane right now, on my way home after a fantastic long weekend in Austin with my dad, sister and BIL. I'll be landing at 5:20 this afternoon so dinner is unknown at this time. :)

Pleased to hear you had such a good time away GG :)

Thanks Rock. Gotta try it sometime. Any particular potato, or do they all brown up like that? For the life of me I can never remember what potato is best for what. Although I do know the waxy ones like reds and yukons are great for potato salad.

Thanks Rock. Gotta try it sometime. Any particular potato, or do they all brown up like that? For the life of me I can never remember what potato is best for what. Although I do know the waxy ones like reds and yukons are great for potato salad.
I fried up two medium sized potatoes. Kept the first pan load in the toaster oven on paper towel while I did the second batch. I find you have to turn the heat down shortly after you get them in the pan and maybe fiddle with the dial so you can get a good consistent heat so you don't burn them. I use tongs to gently flip them so there isn't any splash.
I just use whatever potato I happen to have on hand. I just checked the bag and those are called Harvest Gold. The type I like best is called Whatever Is On Sale.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom