"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-04-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Dinner Tuesday 4th June 2013

Tonight we had a pork sausage cashew masala with pappadoms and mango chutney

Old 06-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
Master Chef

Have some ground beef thawed. Not sure what I'll make with it. Going to the bridal shop with my son's fiancee and her mother for her fitting. We'll have lunch out afterwards so I guess I'll wait to see how hungry I am! I'm thinking maybe meatloaf but that can change.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Just took a piece of pork shoulder out of the slow cooker that had been cooking overnight. It's all pulled and juiced for some sandwiches whenever we get hungry today. May slide down the the chip truck for fried taters to go with it....
Old 06-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

I haven't the slightest idea. I'm on a plane right now, on my way home after a fantastic long weekend in Austin with my dad, sister and BIL. I'll be landing at 5:20 this afternoon so dinner is unknown at this time.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
Have some ground beef thawed. Not sure what I'll make with it. Going to the bridal shop with my son's fiancee and her mother for her fitting. We'll have lunch out afterwards so I guess I'll wait to see how hungry I am! I'm thinking maybe meatloaf but that can change.
That sounds exciting Jab going with your sons fiancee for the dress fitting, have a great time
Old 06-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef

Burgers and avocado and tomato salad.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
How thoughtful for her to invite her future mother-in-law. Lovely gesture. Sounds like a very sweet girl.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
...Going to the bridal shop with my son's fiancee and her mother for her fitting....
How much fun! Hope you had a lovely "Ladies' Day".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I haven't the slightest idea. I'm on a plane right now, on my way home after a fantastic long weekend in Austin with my dad, sister and BIL. I'll be landing at 5:20 this afternoon so dinner is unknown at this time.
Happy for you that you had a great time - visiting far-away family is so special. And the idea that you're on the plane posting? Aint' technology great!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #9
Master Chef

Oh yeah, forgot to mention our dinner later tonight *facepalm*. Probably baking the two nice sized fillets of striped bass our neighbor gave us last night. I'll steam some broccoli; maybe saute up some chopped carrots, sliced scallions, and chunks of mushrooms, then add the leftover brown rice and warm it all with a bit of beef stock. Or maybe chicken since I still have part of a carton left in the fridge.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #10
Master Chef

Had a lovely time at the bridal shop. She's going to be beautiful! It was 5:00pm before I got home so we're going to do leftovers. There's enough pork bbq for a meal so we'll heat that up with chips. I stopped at the farmers market and picked up some salad stuff so we'll be able to have salads too.

Tags
dinner