Dinner Tuesday 6th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice potato, Greg!

Thank you! Twice baked potatoes are so popular that in spite of my publishing several very good versions of the recipe on my website I have never found myself in the top 1,000 page ranks.

Anybody who likes this idea should just Google the wealth of twice baked potato recipes on the Interent. This is just a very tasty version of your plain potatoes, and easier to make than it sounds. Just like my recipe tonight you can throw in almost anything you want. Fresh or sour cream is a common ingredient. Cheese is common too, and what isn't good with bacon?

The basic recipe is to bake potatoes, cut them in half and scoop out the insides, make flavored mashed potatoes with the insides, then put the mashed potatoes back in the shells and bake them a second time. Almost anything goes here although cheese is a very usual ingredient.

I took some leek and potato soup out of the freezer and followed Julia Child's suggestion of pureeing some leftover vegis in it. Pretty good. Then I made myself a giro pita with the leftover lamb, tomato, onion, and tzatziki. The very last of the lemon mousse for dessert.

yea boy, taxy--that's what i'm talking about!:yum::)

Back
Top Bottom