Dinner Tuesday, 7-14-2015 ~ Happy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
...International Nude Day? :ermm: No thanks, I'll pass - and you will thank me for that! :LOL:

It's breakfast-for-supper! I already have the casserole of baked French Toast chilling its heels in the refrigerator. I'll serve it up with some breakfast sausages and eggs. I'll probably sunny-side-up Himself's and lightly steam mine. I still haven't worked up to a runny yolk.

Good thing I'm not celebrating today's holiday AND planning on frying bacon...;)

What are your plans?

Italian sausage and a salad.

"I'm guessin' whoever wrote "America the Beautiful" was not sitting at a nude beach at the time!" - Maxine, Crabby Road :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

SO and I drove up to Ogunquit, Maine for a walk along the coast and a seaside lunch. SO had a crab roll (she's allergic to lobster) and I had a HUGE lobster BLT, twice the lobster of a lobster roll PLUS bacon!

As a result, dinner will be light and a refrigerator purging exercise.

Jambalaya, courtesy of Zatarain's, with hot sausage and red peppers. I'm keeping my clothes on too!

Tonight I made burrito's.....

img_1429073_0_c000ab1ecded2e0770de4f890e130d6f.jpg

img_1429073_1_f8b8e49eab22036dfd1d41e0995692a3.jpg

img_1429073_2_54d51074ddee750d29327fb2b2f2fb6e.jpg

We finally got out for date night at Bâton Rouge (resto, not city). I had prime rib, which was tasty and incredibly tender. Stirling had a prime rib sandwich. He said it was really good. We laughed at the menu that said that his sandwich was served with a side of au jus. That might be okay on a US menu, but it's just bad French and shouldn't be written that way anywhere in Quebec, especially at a resto called "Bâton Rouge". They got it right in their online menu, "...with a side of jus".

We had a cookout at the beach house with my family and my aunt, uncle and cousins and their kids. I made potato salad and baked beans yesterday and we grilled burgers, dogs and brats with all the fixings. Watermelon for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom