Dinner Tuesday 8/2/16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh how well I remember Dawg!! My late husband was a dead ringer for Mac Davis, but he couldn't sing. Adorable though.

Mac Davis was my first crush! :swoon: I loved his variety show when I was a pup!

My first college boyfriend was also a dead ringer, and you should have heard him belt out Jethro Tull's "Locomotive Breath". He could sing!

Last edited:
hoagie.jpg

I brought back Amoroso Rolls from Tucson to share with Mr & Mrs Landlord. Tuesday is a late day for the two of them... so I made hoagies with all the fixin's (Weiss Potato Chips, Dill Pickles, ice cold Beer and Tasty Cakes for dessert) and it all went up in the dumb waiter for there late supper... us, well DH still can't eat anything real solid so I heated up some Lentil Soup I found in the freezer.... did I mention that Mrs. Landlord is also from Philly? What a coinkydink! :cool:

Wonderful looking dinners, CG and Kayelle!

As for the wine, CG, W.C. Fields once said, "I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food." ;)
Thanks, Steve. Much fun as it would be to cook with wine, I tend to save my sips for later at night. Don't want to mess up the measurements! :LOL:

...This sure won't be the last time I make Cuban Picadillo.. and the lime dressing salad was perfect with it. :yum:

img_1474682_0_7b4efa0dd00a1e2af13b73205ff80818.jpg
I trust you will be posting your recipe, Kayelle? I did a look-see on Google and found two variations that looked interesting, but with Souschef drooling all over the internet I'd like to try it with yours. I'd probably use the dark raisins, though, since we like both kinds.

Restricted Dinner

Wow! Some real good food on the menu for most of you people here! I'm so tempted. Can one of you please adopt me? I'm in my late 20s and I adjust easy :LOL::LOL:.
I've been on this weight loss diet recently so I have restrictions as to what I can eat. Normally I'd prepare a chicken dish with some eggs and whatever veggies I can get out of my freezer, haha!
My trainer had given me some tips and asked me to follow some online literature to aid in weight loss regarding healthy dinner recipes. Apparently I need to follow it strictly to stay fit.:ermm:
So anyways, I made a salad out of fish, tofu, tomatoes, bell peppers and basil. :chef::chef:

Last edited:
Well, sometimes it's hard to be humble, but this was far better than what I had for lunch!! This sure won't be the last time I make Cuban Picadillo.. and the lime dressing salad was perfect with it. :yum:

img_1474699_0_7b4efa0dd00a1e2af13b73205ff80818.jpg

Glad you liked it! That's one of those dishes that every family has their own "authentic" recipe that abuela made/makes. We like to have an avocado salad with it too sometimes, sliced avo, very thinly sliced red onion (could even use pickled) with a bit of lime juice, S and P over it. Makes a good empanada filling too.

Last edited:
Kayelle, where did you get your picadillo recipe? I saw one on Serious Eats that looked good.

Kayelle, where did you get your picadillo recipe? I saw one on Serious Eats that looked good.

I checked out lots of recipes Andy but this is the one I settled on, although I didn't use the potatoes.
We both loved the combination of flavors, and it was quite different from what we are used to eating. Give it a try, I don't think you'll be sorry. :chef:

Cuban-Style Picadillo Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom