Dinner Tuesday, 8-5-2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I haven't started this thread in a while!

Did you eat yet? And what did you have? I had a quick and easy one tonight: TJ's stuffed flounder, TJ's peas, and Carolina Rice long grain and wild rice mix. Salad included a lot of no-chop items too. At least I tore the lettuce up!

Dessert later - I have fresh-cut peaches/cherries/blueberries blending flavors in a bowl. Will serve them up with some vanilla ice cream later.

Attachments

• 2014-08-05 21.33.48.jpg
    2014-08-05 21.33.48.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 257
We had taco stuff again! Along with corn on the cob with a bit of age on it, but still tasty. The last of the cherries.

Last edited:
I was going to make an omelette for supper, but Stirling already had eggs for breakfast. His tummy doesn't like more than three eggs in a day. So, we ordered Indian. It was very tasty, but not nearly as hot as we would have liked. I think they toned down the heat because we live in the 'burbs. :LOL:

That looks and sounds good CG !

I made well browned and sliced pork belly (from Trader Joe's) with fresh rice noodles from there also, in a highly seasoned Asian beef broth ("Better Than Bouillon" base) with lots of appropriate veggies. It was sure good for just cooking on the fly....

I love doing that..it makes me happy.

Last edited:
I just found this the other day at TJ's how is it Kayelle?
I was thinking of serving that tomorrow with the leftover veggies from tonight's supper, the namasu was exceptionally ONO (delicious)

I really love the Pork Belly from TJ's Kgirl, it's fully cooked. It's the second time I've used it. The first time I got it all brown and crispy on the outdoor gas grill, and this time I did it in a skillet. It sliced nicely both times. It's sure something I'll buy again, and the perfect size for just the two of us.
:yum:

Nice pics, ladies! I'm hoping to get to TJ's sometime this week. Since it's nearly 100 miles away, I don't get there often. :)

Tonight's dinner was leftovers from lunch - the other half of a ginormous carne asada burrito from a local little mom and pop place...best I've ever had. Tiny little place but they sure are popular here in town. :yum:

I had a venison steak (for the first time...have tried the burgers), with watercress and a moroccan style couscous (shamelessly bought but very good).

My sense of taste is somewhat marred through losing my sense of smell but, if I was presented with the steak (and maybe been blindfolded), it would have passed for beef. Fairly good but was expecting a richer flavour.

I had a very unhealthy (for me) dinner of Deluxe Kraft Dinner with sliced pepperoni added in. I topped it off with a Klondike bar for dessert.

Well, it is the most I have eaten since my surgery last week so that says something!

I had my magazine-writing class last night so a simple dinner before: Bacon, cucumber, tomato, Havarti cheese sandwich with pickled cucumbers and leftover Israeli couscous with grilled veggies and herb vinaigrette.

Back
Top Bottom