Dinner, tuesday, 9/28/2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cold eye round roast with hot burgundy gravy, fresh green beans & spaetzle (cooked beans & spaetzle sautéed in bacon fat & butter with bacon, green onions, 1 clove garlic, parsley, salt & ground pepper) and buttered steamed Brussels sprouts.

img_923261_0_09e5c4482d2270cf8639b167aa2b5134.jpg

Attachments

• MedChicken_01.jpg
    MedChicken_01.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 189
  • MedChicken_HerbedSpaghettiSquash_01.jpg
    MedChicken_HerbedSpaghettiSquash_01.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 222
Cold eye round roast with hot burgundy gravy, fresh green beans & spaetzle (cooked beans & spaetzle sautéed in bacon fat & butter with bacon, green onions, 1 clove garlic, parsley, salt & ground pepper) and buttered steamed Brussels sprouts.

That looks really really good!

yins cooking dinner this evening, or.......
How are you doing sweet girlie?

It is 8:19 and I still don't know what I want to eat! I'm opting for fast and easy, so maybe a burrito. Or I might have either hot and sour or miso soup. Or maybe just a big baked potato with a giganto-blob of sour cream. You know the commercials for Daisy sour cream? Well, I don't "do a dollop," I do a "wallop!" :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

:)Barbara
Heeheehee--I might add that last line to my signature. LOL

Last edited:
Hello,

Everyone's dinners sound wonderful, and I love the pictures that msmofet and Dave posted. Tonight we had burgers, potato salad and sliced tomatoes. Not exactly an Autumn menu, but it's so disgustingly humid and sticky here, I didn't want to even turn on the stove.

That's all for now . . . got to go see how the Yankee game is going.

Hello,

Everyone's dinners sound wonderful, and I love the pictures that msmofet and Dave posted. Tonight we had burgers, potato salad and sliced tomatoes. Not exactly an Autumn menu, but it's so disgustingly humid and sticky here, I didn't want to even turn on the stove.

That sounds really good too! The food of course, not the humid and sticky--we get enough of that in South Carolina!

:)Barbara

Those pictures are gorgeous you two !! Ms. is your spatzle idea something you came up with on your own?.......ykies, I could eat a whole plate of that and be happy.
I marinated some chicken thighs and grilled them. Green salad and garlic toast. Good for a hot night.

Hello,

Those pictures are gorgeous you two !! Ms. is your spatzle idea something you came up with on your own?.......ykies, I could eat a whole plate of that and be happy.
I marinated some chicken thighs and grilled them. Green salad and garlic toast. Good for a hot night.
Thank you LC & Kayelle!!

I love the Birds Eye Bavarian beans and decided I wanted to try and recreate them. So when I went to the farm market I saw a bag of spaetzle and that was the begining of my creation. I just cut some bacon across the slices and cooked till crisp then removed from pan. Added butter to the small amount of bacon fat in the pan then added 1 minced glove of garlic, 3 sliced green onions and sauteed till soft. I steamed the fresh green beans and cooked the pasta in salted water (then drained); cooked both till firm tender. When the beans and spaetzle were cooked I tossed them into the pan with the butter, fat, onions and garlic. Tossed over medium heat add the bacon back to pan and a sprinkled of parsley and serve.

Back
Top Bottom