Dinner Tuesday 9th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm making a whole roast chicken with mashed potatoes, pan gravy (after seeing Pac's gravy from last night) and some steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and green beans.
Haven't made chicken for my family in a while so my dinner will be mash, gravy and veg :)

Using up the ham leftovers I have made a very loosely adherent version of fidget pie

(Regional food: Shropshire fidget pie | Countryfile.com)

No cider, but some white wine instead, and its a pot pie with a puff pastry top rather than a pastry pie with a mashed potato top. Odds and ends of vegetables, a couple of Bramley apples and some local cheese.

German sausages tonight. I have knackwurst and weisswurst, as well as some nice gourmet mustards I picked up while judging a mustard competition over the weekend. We'll also be having sauerkraut and mashed potatoes on the side.

Penne Primavera - w/ fresh asparagus, carrots, peas, baby bellas, zukes (yellow & green) & ricotta. Fresh fruit salad - Mangos (large are on sale for $1.00), blueberries & strawberries.

Got a call a few minutes ago. The interpreter for tonight's baseball practice cancelled so I'm going instead. I'll pick up pizza on the way home since it'll be pretty late to start cooking then.

I'm going to make a pot roast and potatoes, carrots and onions.

German sausages tonight. I have knackwurst and weisswurst, as well as some nice gourmet mustards I picked up while judging a mustard competition over the weekend. We'll also be having sauerkraut and mashed potatoes on the side.
Ok, so German food is never really photogenic, but it sure sticks to the old ribs. I'm so full I've hardly been able to get out of the easy chair tonight. :pig:

img_1256986_0_987b7573b1df6d8820b96496e20f585a.jpg

Ok, so German food is never really photogenic, but it sure sticks to the old ribs. I'm so full I've hardly been able to get out of the easy chair tonight. :pig:

Dunno, Steve, looks pretty photogenic to me. :yum:

Sure doesn't look like you'll be waking up in the middle of the night with the hungries.

Tonight we had the tostadas I had planned to make last night. Last night ended up being a "fend for yourself" dinner time. The tostadas really hit the spot tonight, but we both overindulged a little.

Taking advantage of the nice weather, I sent DH out to grill good ol' hot dogs. I made a huge bowl of potato salad (more planned leftovers). He commented that my potato salad never tastes the same way twice but so far he's like every bowl I've made.

Our doctor told me my sodium levels seem to be down. Tonight's meal should have taken care of that.;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom