Dinner Tuesday 9th of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had the chimichitos last night, so to use up the rest of my BCC I'm going with chicken & biscuits tonight. Only instead of serving over biscuits I'll be using cornbread. I think I'll mash some cauliflower & garlic, too.

Hope you give it a try DL. :)

Here's a picture of the cake with two pieces missing. :ohmy: I live by the rule, "life is short, eat dessert first". :cool:

img_1035262_0_8e427bc806b0c81e34fdfdc109cf3254.jpg

Oh man I'd like to dive right into that! Thanks for the recipe Kayelle :chef:

We're having tacos tonight.

My mother used to make that with bulk sausage instead of ground beef. I never knew where the idea came from. Thanks!

Cooking for one, I buy 3# hamburger chubs, but cut it into quarters so with 3/4# of burger, I add 1/3# ground sausage. It has a richer taste.

It's easy enough to make in a 6x7" casserole, I just add enough extra flour to the dough so I can press it into the bottom of the casserole dish and up the sides partway. It has more of a biscuit crust that way.

We've had quite an abundance of tomatoes, peppers, okra, and herbs from the garden, so I made a tasty capellini arribiata and cornmeal dusted fried okra, iced tea and oatmeal/raisin/chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

I'm making sausage stew for Mark. It has a nice rich gravy, polish sausage chunks, carrot, red onion, potato and celery.

I'm having a throw-together Cuban sandwich... That has a pork cutlet wrapped in ham, covered with mozz cheese, sauteed red onion, mustard and dill pickle. It's not going to look that great, since it's going to be on a hamburger bun, but oh well. :ermm: On the side, sliced and marinated cucumber slices.

Had a very easy supper tonight. Tomato soup and toasted cheese sandwiches. For dessert I made a Cherry crumble and we put a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.

I'm making sausage stew for Mark. It has a nice rich gravy, polish sausage chunks, carrot, red onion, potato and celery.

I'm having a throw-together Cuban sandwich... That has a pork cutlet wrapped in ham, covered with mozz cheese, sauteed red onion, mustard and dill pickle. It's not going to look that great, since it's going to be on a hamburger bun, but oh well. :ermm: On the side, sliced and marinated cucumber slices.

img_1035353_0_fc3fcd62835d918dda2aead8f58b01a0.jpg

img_1035353_1_7e7a023dccb8d765d972a42f28cf15de.jpg

i'd be happy with either!

my afternoon dinner today was hot dogs with sabrett onion sauce and jalapeno mustard, and a side of sweet potato chips.

my 2am dinner will be leftover salad, garlic bread, and a container from the freezer of what i think is meatballs and pork in tomato sauce.

Back
Top Bottom