Dinner Tuesday 9th of October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brussel sprouts make you fart?! :ohmy:

;)
Sounds like a real mishap. What a mess.
But you persevered!

Not sure yet but it will include brussel sprouts!

Any ideas for using frozen brussel sprouts? I always use fresh, not sure how to make these frozen green balls taste good lol!
I'd most likely chop them after they are thawed then put them in a saucepan and add some heavy cream, curry powder as much as you like some cracked black pepper.
kades

Brussel sprouts make you fart?! :ohmy:

;)
Sounds like a real mishap. What a mess.
But you persevered!

You have no idea! I keep coming across splats of sauce when I go back to the kitchen, I found some on my glasses, in my hair, under the fridge, in the drawer that I left open when it dropped. Think I'll just pack my bags and move! :ROFLMAO:

If things were only that easy, Snip.
I'm still finding bits of glass from a fluorescent light bulb I dropped a couple months ago :wacko:

Well I did not make it out to get a green pepper, so I guess the goulash can wait 'til tomorrow. Because what is goulash without green pepper? Spaghetti sauce I guess :LOL:
So it's grilled wings tonight. I've got some celery I need to use up anyway.

Snip 13 said:
Thanks T, it was awful!

Sheesh, Snip, hope you got it all! What a pain! It's so hard to get all the shards.

Leftovers here tonight.

Last edited:
Left over chik alfreado... Might make some garlic bread... Im ready for the sun to come back out...

Snip, there's no point in wanting to move NOW that your house is back in order. :angel:

We experienced a new concept today. It's called rain. I was out in it this morning, although I don't think I even got wet. Well, maybe we will get more on the weekend.

I browned some chicken and popped it in the oven, along with oven roasted carrots and cauliflower. Made pan gravy and mashed potatoes too.

I cook them in a small amount of water and then dress them with butter and sometimes a little balsamic vinegar.

They taste fine but, the texture is mushy, reminds me of the school cafeteria when I was a kid. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Only because you are cooking them too long.:chef:

Linguine with shrimp and scallops in a homemade alfredo sauce. It was good. :)

I made a concoction with Pinto Beans and leftover Taco Meat, seasonings, assorted Bell Peppers,Chopped tomatoes and Onions. I had it over rice. YUMM!!!
View attachment 15927

Last edited:
We had cumin beef, sort of, stir fried mixed vegis (Kirkland brand stir fry blend minus the shitake mushrooms) with a Chinese "white sauce", and brown basmati rice. It was really quite good. And sake to go with that.

The reason I wrote "cumin beef, sort of" is that after I started my mise en place, I discovered that I had less than a teaspoon of cumin. :ermm: So, I used coriander seeds for the balance. It still came out good, just not quite as "cuminy" as I would have liked.

I am in charge of Taco Tuesday this evening. Everyone come gather around my cast iron comal and watch me do my thing. Assemble your tacos. There are plenty of chopped onions and cilantro. These are as good as the ones from the street corner taco trucks.

Last edited:
roadfix said:
I am in charge of Taco Tuesday this evening. Everyone come gather around my cast iron comal and watch me do my thing. Assemble your tacos. There are plenty of chopped onions and cilantro. These are as good as the ones from the street corner taco trucks.

Oh man! I already ate! Sounds great!

Sheesh, Snip, hope you got it all! What a pain! It's so hard to get all the shards.

Leftovers here tonight.
Use a slice of bread to pick up broken glass bits. Make a sandwich after you've picked up the glass with another slice of bread with s/thing sticky on it, i.e., pb, syrup, honey.

And don't eat the sandwich. :ermm: :ohmy: :LOL:

Gee whiz guys, thanks for the tips but you're all way too serious :LOL:
It sucked but the story was meant to be funny. Guess you had to be there, the glass was the least of my worries. The darn bechamel was like glue, had sauce everywhere apart from my butt crack :ROFLMAO:
South Africans do have a black sense of humour :p

Back
Top Bottom