Dinner Tuesday April 1st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My yummy semolina no knead bread , covered with homemade, home ground sausage with red peppers and onions.

We went to our favorite Chinese restaurant for lunch, and I had the Chef's special: strips of beef and chicken, shrimp, crab leg meat, scallops, broccoli, carrots, baby corn, straw mushrooms, bok choy, and sugar snap peas with fried rice, an egg roll, and egg drop soup. DH had the same thing, and we brought home as much as we ate, so we'll finish it off for supper.

Oops...forgot the fried wontons. Yummy!

Okay.. .the chicken turned out much better than I expected. It was a new recipe and I didn't like all the ingredients, so I made some substitutions [ I do that a lot :) ] so somtimes I never know what to expect. This one turned out to be a keeper.

Gosh, by the looks of things, people really do read these posts.
But if that's the case you must be very concerned about my husbands' odd taste in food, no? Anyway, April Fools.......

Dinner really was or will be:
Boneless skinless chicken thighs and breasts, marinated in fresh squeezed orange juice/honey/soy sauce/ginger, then dredged in seasoned flour and flash fried in sesame oil and butter, then baked off.
mashed potatoes with butter and sour cream plus mozzarella stringing through.
crookneck squash with butter/onions/sunflower seeds/ salt and pepper.
dry red beans cooked all day in the crock pot with water/onions/garlic/salt/pepper/serrano chili/bacon/butter.
green salad with myer lemon viniagarette.
WalMart birthday cake flavored vanilla ice cream.

Gosh, by the looks of things, people really do read these posts.
But if that's the case you must be very concerned about my husbands' odd taste in food, no? Anyway, April Fools.......

Dinner really was or will be:
Boneless skinless chicken thighs and breasts, marinated in fresh squeezed orange juice/honey/soy sauce/ginger, then dredged in seasoned flour and flash fried in sesame oil and butter, then baked off.
mashed potatoes with butter and sour cream plus mozzarella stringing through.
crookneck squash with butter/onions/sunflower seeds/ salt and pepper.
dry red beans cooked all day in the crock pot with water/onions/garlic/salt/pepper/serrano chili/bacon/butter.
green salad with myer lemon viniagarette.
WalMart birthday cake flavored vanilla ice cream.

Ya know, I did kinda wonder ... but then I saw you're in southern CA and, well, that explains everything :ermm: :LOL:

Good ole baked potato soup here ... and of course made potato skins for the girls. They love it when we have potato soup! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom